May Ice Fishing

Yesterday we went and removed the hut and fished for an hour or so. Just crazy to be still ice fishing in May!!! Still 2 feet of snow in the bush and 20-28" inches of ice on the three different lakes we checked. The rivers finally decided to let go about 2 days ago……opener is still in question? :dunno:

IMG_09801.jpg

IMG_09761.jpg

IMG_09941.jpg

IMG_09951.jpg

IMG_09971.jpg

IMG_10021.jpg

Man you have a lot of toys! When did you get the Argo with the tracks? (think that's what it is?)

Is there any outdoor related gadget/gizmo/transportation device you don't own? LOL!

Ha..ha...too funny Mike!! Yes Mike I do have a lot of toys....but the argo and hut is not mine. It belongs to another gentlemen in town here whom I'm privileged to fish with. My hut is A LOT bigger...lol

I wish I could have made it out in may! Things broke up in my lakes a few weeks back.

Ya. Crazy rod holder. I though they where illegal as well. Does it not set the hook for you? I always though "spring loaded" rod holders, or anything that sets a hook for you, was illegal?

Believe it or not, but the elder gentlemen that I was with has ice fished the 1st week of June.....now that's crazy!!! :worthy: Last year we removed my much larger hut on May 8 with snowmobiles....and there was still 2 feet of ice and lots of snow. Global warming.....hmmm.....

The rod in question is called a Jaw Jacker for anyone that is interested.....they are awesome!!! They are completely sold out in North America for this year due to their high demand.....I actually tracked down the owner in the states on Facebook and called him at home.....great guy. He managed to track down 4 for me from a small mom/pop shop in ohio who them shipped them to me!!!! :clapping:

The rod in question is called a Jaw Jacker for anyone that is interested.....they are awesome!!! They are completely sold out in North America for this year due to their high demand.....I actually tracked down the owner in the states on Facebook and called him at home.....great guy. He managed to track down 4 for me from a small mom/pop shop in ohio who them shipped them to me!!!! :clapping:

You're kidding, wow LOL!

I wish I could have made it out in may! Things broke up in my lakes a few weeks back.

Ya. Crazy rod holder. I though they where illegal as well. Does it not set the hook for you? I always though "spring loaded" rod holders, or anything that sets a hook for you, was illegal?

the rod does not count as a spring

every time you set the hook normally you load up the rod which is a spring action that sets the hook...and so the spring devise has to be other then the rod to be illegal

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?! I'm afraid I'm gonna have to report this post and demand it be deleted. Ice fishing in May?!?!?! LET IT STOP!!!!!!! ;)

Good stuff just the same.