I bought a new to me boat, I think I did anyway?

chris.brock

I'm not sweating it yet, I just thought some might find this interesting

the teacher's (my wife) have their own private Kijiji like thing, her computer makes a beep when a new item is listed, I swing by to check out this boat/ motor/ trailer on my way to the creek Saturday morning.

The owner said I'm the first guy to come but he's getting swamped with calls and Emails. I was surprised he accepted my $1200 offer (asking $1500, yeah it's a piece of pooh like pretty well everything else I own, Haha), but I wasn't paying any more, and could live without it

I leave $400 deposit, and go to the creek. When he gets gas in it and it runs, I'll give the other $800 and drive away with it.

We planned to chat on the phone Saturday evening. I tried Sat., Sun., and today and can't get a hold of the guy, no answer.

Uh oh, this doesn't look good

see what happens???

Well then, pop by, tell him you were in the neighborhood. If he's not home, park down the street until he comes home. I wouldn't think he's trying to scam you because he wouldn't have invited you to look at the boat at his house. He probably just forgot....hopefully.

He might be new at the whole scam artist thing and hadn't realized that inviting potential victims to your house when you are going to scam them is not the proper way to scam. Let's hope he just forgot though.

Could be out of town? I doubt he's trying to scam you.

we talked about our schedules and he wasn't going out of town,

I'm not nervous yet, he may be having issues getting the outboard going, but I quick phone call would be nice, he may have accepted a higher offer though

I am close to you in Oakville..... if he does flake out (well lets hope not!!) we can amass an army of OFC'rs and will meet you at his place and park outside and not leave till you get the running boat or the cash back lol.....

Burt :)

always get a receipt when giving a receipt or some sort of verification with the sellers signature so you can sew him if anything, i think you should be fine, if anything pay him a visit and see whats up.

What's knitting him a sweater going to help with? :)

Edited by BillM

Bust his door down Chris and nab your cash back. j/k

I am close to you in Oakville..... if he does flake out (well lets hope not!!) we can amass an army of OFC'rs and will meet you at his place and park outside and not leave till you get the running boat or the cash back lol.....

Burt :)

crisis averted, I got a phone call,

I'm pretty sure he is a lurker here and didn't want to mess with the OFC army, :angry:

I'll post a pic tomorrow to make you guys jealous