27lbs of illegal sturgeon eggs !! Busted!!!

fishindevil

i wonder if the fine was low and they are still allowed to fish because they got the eggs and fish from someone. They didn't actually do the poaching. Plus they may have given some info to help nail the guy who they got it from...

Like I said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Our system. :wallbash:

I dont give a rats :asshat:

They were part of the on goings.

GUILTY :good:

Edited by Misfish

10k a piece for possession of roe and meat is pretty hefty. It reads to me that the only offence is possessing it, and that they sourced the fish and eggs from another party. Pretty hard to ban them from fishing when you can't prove they obtained the roe from angling! Seriously though, people suggesting jail time for fisheries offences is a bit over the top. A 10k fine is pretty stiff for that sort of charge.

10k a piece for possession of roe and meat is pretty hefty. It reads to me that the only offence is possessing it, and that they sourced the fish and eggs from another party. Pretty hard to ban them from fishing when you can't prove they obtained the roe from angling! Seriously though, people suggesting jail time for fisheries offences is a bit over the top. A 10k fine is pretty stiff for that sort of charge.

Jail time I can understand that point. Not going to happen.

They were caught in a fish and game act. Give the stiffest fine possible,which means,add ban of fishing too.

I think giving them 10 years of mandatory community service geared towards fishery enhancement would be more beneficial. The 20 thousand in fines will never make it back into improving the fishery and a prison sentence will only end up costing us way more.

should have been fined waaay more IMO, they could have sold those eggs illegally, which they most likely would, they would easily make $250 for 100 gram of roe, they had 27 pounds of the stuff! You be the judge, i think a 3-5 years ban would be fair but they would most likely keep fishing illegally.

$10k each isn't enough and the fines should have been higher with jail time? People, they are FISH. It's not like they committed crimes against other humans.

As for lifetime fishing bans, that wouldn't solve anything. If they knowingly broke the law, why on earth would an order not to fish somehow stop them?

Just sever their right hands and be done with it, if that doesn't learn them then there's always the left :angel:

But seriously, the charges should be similar to drug charges. You get a smaller sentence if it's under a certain amount and a larger sentence if you have intent to traffic. With the quantities these guys had, they didn't have it for personal consumption, the intent to sell is surely there. Should be a stiffer punishment for sure.

How about they were tied up and forced to eat the roe and raw meat until they stopped moving? No need to waste dollars housing them in a corrections spa or need to revoke fishing privileges or worry about them being a party to such endeavours again.

How about they were tied up and forced to eat the roe and raw meat until they stopped moving? No need to waste dollars housing them in a corrections spa or need to revoke fishing privileges or worry about them being a party to such endeavours again.

You know, i dont think i agree with a few of the things you say(it happens) but i love this idea.

At least it wont go to waste...