Olympics

mattybculp

Of course not Roy....I'm at the office and that wouldn't be right. I'm not sitting at my desk streaming the game on the internet at all.... :whistling:

I wasn't implying that you were cheating, Cliff. :D But it's 3-1 Canada, final.

The super slow motion camera shots are incredible. In the ski jumping you can see the skis flapping as they take-off and then whip down and bounce on the landing. You can see the downhill skiers' quad muscles rippling as they make a turn. Even the shell casings being expelled during the biathlon. Mesmerizing.

I married into a figure skating family my first time around and followed it closely then. Watched Patrick Chan pick up the silver today, good going kiddo. Looks like we can't get that elusive gold in that event, Brian Orser and Elvis Stoyko were denied the gold as well after winning the world championships prior to the Olympics if I remember correctly. Silver is nothing to be ashamed of, the kid actually apologized to all of us after missing out on the gold, he had one minor slip which probably cost him the gold metal. He has probably skated that routine a few hundred or more times flawlessly before today.

How do you all like the sweaters the hockey team is wearing? Love the big red maple leaf on the visitors sweaters, I mean jerseys, not sure about the black uniforms. Too much black with the black pants as well.

This one's my favourite and the one I'll be wearing to all the Tampa Bay games I will be attending next month.

Keep an eye out if you're watching any of the games. I will be in the section just to the left of the goalie mid to top of circle for the games against Boston (row 5), Vancouver (row 4) and Ottawa (row 4). For the Coyote's game I will be on the opposite side same general area (row 3). :D

Team-Canada-2006-Olympic-Swift-Big-And-T

Another one to mention is the Canadian speedskater giving up his spot to a fellow team mate who didn't qualify, just because he knew he'd have a better chance at at a medal. And he brought home silver! Stuff like this makes me proud to be Canadian.

Or was he told to give up his spot? I hope not but that's the scuttle but at the Cayuga Legion today. If that's true, I hope not, not a proud Canadian moment.

I'm not a fan of any of the three, although to be fair I didn't like the 2010 uniforms either. It's not about a good design, just different, to sell a new set to fans.

I liked this one:

DSCF0576_zps1e86a42d.jpg

My all time favorite, very 1940's. I had the jacket, until I washed it and it turned pink. Bleach and red makes pink. Man......I'm just glad it wasn't my wife's.

Or was he told to give up his spot? I hope not but that's the scuttle but at the Cayuga Legion today. If that's true, I hope not, not a proud Canadian moment.

How many of those old timers were hammered when they made up that story? lol.