bimini top on tiller boat?

scugpg

I'm looking for some options/opinions on putting a bimini top on a 16ft tiller. I've heard they can be more challenging to deal with as you are at the back where it usually is mounted. My boat would typically be trailered around so fixed mount likely isn't an option. If you have and suggestions or experiences with this setup please let me know.

Thanks

I can see it being a bit of a hassle if you're downrigging, kinda hard to dance around with the top up. So far i've held off with a bimini, I use a big old golf umbrella on those hot blistering days and it provides a spot to hunker under when the sky decides you need a wash.

I have a 16' tiller with a Bimini. I got it so my my wife could get out of the sun. I installed it above her seat, the top is only 6 feet long so it does not cover me at the back. I find it a pain to fish around. It was very easy to install, easy to take off and back on. I only use it when my wife is in the boat. It's worth every penny, happy wife, happy life. I ordered mine from the place below, the price is good and only $9 shipping.

http://www.kapscomoto.com/SearchResults.asp?Extensive_Search=Y&Search=bimini&Submit.x=22&Submit.y=17

I can see it being a bit of a hassle if you're downrigging, kinda hard to dance around with the top up. So far i've held off with a bimini, I use a big old golf umbrella on those hot blistering days and it provides a spot to hunker under when the sky decides you need a wash.

You wouldn't have the bimini covering the entire boat. Front half and back half are left open.