My latest fishing tool.... online fishing log!

Stoty

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share the latest tool that I've created for use while fishing.

This not only helps with tournament prep, but also is very handy for "fun" fishing as well.

What I've done is built an online fishing log, where I input all the details of my catches (gps coords, waypoint#, weather, line, lure, depth, etc, etc) and it saves it to a database so I'll have access to all my waypoints on all my lakes, no matter where I go as long as I have internet/data connection on my iPhone/iPad.

Search Page - allows me to search my logs base on Lake/Species/Season. It will then display all the entries that match those criteria.

Search.jpg

GPS Coords - my newest addition to the tool... this page pulls in my current location's GPS coords (lat & long)

GetCoords.jpg

Save GPS Coords - this page displays the coords, and allows me to transfer them to the next page where I'll input all the details of the catch.

SaveCoords.jpg

Add Entry Page - This is the page where I input all the details of the catch. Notice my GPS coords that were pulled from the previous page :)

AddEntry.jpg

Edit Entry page - this allows me to go into any previous entry and edit/add/remove details of that catch or delete that record completely.

EditEntry.jpg

This tool has been extremely beneficial to me the past few seasons as I use it all the time on and off the water for prep for any tourny's or trips.

Being a computer nerd pays off sometimes!

I do something that is nowhere near as high tech, and really I only do it for steelhead fishing, I record water levels, colour, fish caught etc by date. Really helps me decide where I'm fishing on a given day based on my own historical data. Works very well! Nice job on the log!!

Thanks gents.

Just glad to put my "tron" skills as my wife calls them to good use. Hahaha

If I'm at a lake with no cell signal, I have my backup binder that I write everything down in and just input it into the log when I'm back home. It's amazing the patterns you can uncover with a well organized log.