Watching Bass

Jen

Gotta love a May 24 long weekend where we don't have below zero temperatures... Headed out on Saturday morning North to Hanover, great piece of property , pond, swimming tons of fun.

TheFarmMay2407008.jpg

Since I was going to be near water I didn't bother taking my rod out of the truck. We arrive bright and early and the first things my kids say is "mom can we have your fishing rod?". Of course I ask why and they say they can see fish everywhere, so we walk over and this is what they have seen.TheFarmMay2407001.jpg

I quickly explain that the fish they are seeing are out of season and they are not allowed to fish for them. This is what follows, they decide to feed them instead by catching minnows.TheFarmMay2407009.jpg

A little distraction and the cold water and all of a sudden they are counting fish, and staying dry!

TheFarmMay2407048.jpg

Until the dirt bike is discovered.

TheFarmMay2407032.jpg

Then some music before the rain blew in and we headed home.TheFarmMay2407050.jpg

Sonny will be arriving at 7:00 am to head out on Lake Ontario for some salmon.

Long drive home, I figured I could sleep in a little as he would be late, not a chance. He arrived at my house right on time and with coffee.

Put the boat in at Jordan Habour and headed out. A direction or two from his sister (me) and we were definately in the wrong place very quickly. After much discussion, I decided it was time to just sit back quietly and nod while he got us back to where we wanted to fish. (Not just off Fifty point, which is where I directed him) Our lines were wet by 8:50 and within minutes we had our first fish. He was kind enough to let me bring it in. Not 5 minutes past and another this time Sonny's turn.

SalmonMay2407wsonny001.jpg

Came up beside Fishmaster at one point in time, they showed off their catch,

SalmonMay2407wsonny005.jpg

We then decided to changed our lures and moved around a bit, as the cold air and rain blew in, another salmon for me, and then the last one of the day as the waves picked up.

SalmonMay2407wsonny012.jpg

SalmonMay2407wsonny015.jpg

Final count for the day was 5 on 4 in the boat and an amazing time.

SalmonMay2407wsonny016.jpg

This had to be one of the best May long weekends in as long as I can remember.

Family, fish, and fun.

No inches for the team though... maybe next time!

Edited by Jen

Took you 2 a little to find me but once you did the fish were on ...going to have to get out with sonny and get that GPS and fishfinder worker better for him ....nice to see you 2 on the water today ..Fishmaster

Yes mike, it is absolutely amazing to see the kids swimming when you are sitting on shore still shivering... As long as they are having fun that is all that matters!

Cheers,

jen