Need Truck Tires

mike rousseau

I think the BF ats is well worth the extra money, but my second choice would be the wrangler ats. Also take a look around for used tires. Tons of great deals out there. I bought the wranglers with about 90% tread for $300 cash installed!!! And couple years back i had a ford f150 with 20" wheels and the tires were gone just before my lease return. I also found a set of bridgestone duelers with 60% tread installed for $200.

Edited by Angler management

I have been a bridgestone fan for many years running them on both the pick up and the work van. They are good solid tires and while we do not get the same amount of snow you all do the snow we do get can be as much as 24 inches in a dump. The van will not push thru safely more than 13 inches but the 4x4 will go where I point it.

Art

Interesting topic for me now that I just got a 2007 Ram 1500 with 20" wheels; I'm keenly watching this thread.

The truck has 275/60R20's right now that could use some more winter traction as well as towing use.

Sorry to possibly hijack the thread for me too.

High jack away...

I've made my mind...

General grabbers AT2

Stepping from 285 65 r18 to 275 70 r18....

Yup

0.5" slimmer and 0.3" bigger outside diameter....33"

They don't make the exact same size... I have now...

I either go back to 275 65 r18 wich was stock... Or 275 70 r18 to try to match my current tires...

Ah ok, I had a feeling, lol!

I have the grabber at2's as well and have had them on my truck for about a yr or 30k km or so. They work really well, only problem I have had is them going out of balance. I've read a few reviews complaining about the same problem. Canadian Tire keeps doing it for me for free because it keeps happening... 3 times so far. Next time they go out Canadian Tire is going to replace them, I paid the extra 7 bucks per tire for the warranty and fully intend on taking advantage of it.

I have the grabber at2's as well and have had them on my truck for about a yr or 30k km or so. They work really well, only problem I have had is them going out of balance. I've read a few reviews complaining about the same problem. Canadian Tire keeps doing it for me for free because it keeps happening... 3 times so far. Next time they go out Canadian Tire is going to replace them, I paid the extra 7 bucks per tire for the warranty and fully intend on taking advantage of it.

Would that not be an issue with your rims? because it's not actually the tire that is out of balance as much as it is the rim having slight warping from bumps etc, a higher profile tire you shouldn't have these issues with so it's kind of surprising

Would that not be an issue with your rims? because it's not actually the tire that is out of balance as much as it is the rim having slight warping from bumps etc, a higher profile tire you shouldn't have these issues with so it's kind of surprising

Going out of balance... To my knowledge... Is caused by either losing a weight... Or uneven tire wear

$127-250 for shipping depending on what warehouse I want them from....

Zip code 13662.... According to tire rack quote...

We've had 2 sets of tires shipped directly to pep boys in Buffalo on 2 separate occasions and shipping was under $40 both times.

The first time it was because it threw a wheel weight. The other two or three times it has been the tires. The rims have been checked and are straight. They'll balance up and in 10-12k they'll start vibrating again, if you look you'll find plenty of people with the same experience. A good balancing with a roadforce machine should be able to get it done properly but there isn't a canadian tire local to me that has one.

Ryan