Hamilton cops get a good showcasing

leaf4

The guy that took the video was apparently fired from the store he worked at. He left the store unattended to hassle Mark and his partner. Looks good on him.

I love when the clerk from the video store taking the video says " I know the law dude, I took the law and did good in it", I guess he didn't decide to make it his career.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

With the amount of policing this days and the abuses of law and authority, is anyone really surprised that civilians are video taping at any chance they get? When we are constantly under a video camera citizens will do the same to those in positions of authority. That being said, i will agree that there are ignorant and criminal citizens as well as ignorant and criminal cops. Works both ways. Ah the times we live in. People are afraid of being shot or tazed for nothing or silly little violations. This is what you end up with...

In my opinion he was harassing the cops while they were trying to do their job. Record it; by all means but if you aren't going to be part of the solution then stay out of the way! They had their hands full as it was trying to get her to settle down. That idiot shooting his mouth off wasn't helping at all. But that is just MHO

I see where you're coming from and it's gotta be hard for cops to deal with that crap, but cops are trained to deal with situations such as this and these cops did exactly what they're supposed to do. Arresting someone simply because they are voicing their opinion would be an abuse of power and a perfect example of this was the G20 crap where police detained peaceful protesters and even people who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Arresting the cameraman would have resulted in another "abuse of power" video rather than everyone praising them. ;)

And no, I'm not anti police. That chick on the ground should have met Mr. Taser :D

Rich there's good and bad everywhere, there are some really bad cops in Hamilton. Problem is you never hear about the really good one's.

Oh for sure, dont get me wrong. I said 'less' as in certainly less than our Norfolk OPP ... All I see is abuse of power from those guys.

I think the Hamilton cops just keep busier and don't have as much time to stray away for kicks.

I dunno. All I hear is what I hear, I'm no cop and couldn't imagine dealing with the things they do on a daily basis. I'm glad there's some strong enough to stay true to their duties.

Truth is I have never had a bad police officer talk to me ever. I have had 2 tickets in my life and both of them were my fault. They treated me as well as I treated them and there are no hard feelings. I talk to a lot of them unofficially when I get the chance and they put their pants on one leg at a time same as I do. It is a job that most do not want because of the attitude some people give the police who are keeping things safe for all of us.

Hats off to everyone who does a job that is dangerous or unpleasant so we all can live a better or safer life.

Art

And now they have to deal with this tragedy: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4276167-police-officer-not-expected-to-survive-shooting/

A Hamilton police officer critically injured in a shooting at the central police station Tuesday afternoon is not expected to survive.

That's the word from Hamilton police in a statement issued just before 6 p.m.

The officer shot himself in the locker room of the King William Street station after 1 p.m. Police said the officer was in critical condition in hospital.

Hamilton police Chief Glenn De Caire issued a "must read memo" to staff informing them of a critical incident at the building, The Spectator has learned.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the officer's family and we will support them in every way," Police Chief Glenn De Caire said in the public statement.

"Our Critical Incident Response Team is now responding to support our members through this."

The chief has asked Halton police to conduct an investigation into the incident. Police said it is a "non-criminal investigation."

Police said the chief or any member of the service will not provide any further comment on the incident and the service is asking the news media to "be respectful of our members and service at this time."

Officers from other stations were called in to cover for their colleagues at the central station following the shooting.