WHAT,It,s only Nov,30th AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,

misfish

funny, Brian had to remind me to walk in our foot prints on the way back in, a minor brain fart

but yeah, we had ropes, picks, floater suits spuds and know how to test the ice

the thing that scares me the most is when a guy, 2 kids and a dog sees us out there and just starts walking out in the general area we are with no regard to ice conditions or personal safety

didn't happen today but has happened in the past

Edited by Terry

Funny how many pm,s I got today. All my answers were,sorry,I will not be the one that said go.

Know where your going,know your limits. 4 inches of black ice,Im walking comfortably. We stepped and chipped all our way out and abound.

I didnt post to say it was safe for all or any to go. I posted this report,as it the earliest we both had ever been out.

Terry and I have been around the block a few times. I trust his thinking,and Im sure he does mine.

Knowing now, by reading other boards,,the word is out.

Be safe,know yer limits.

Maybe I shouldnt of posted this at all. Some guy reading .OH THOSE GUYS ARE OUT,IT,S SAFE, goes through and I,ll feel like a :asshat:

Try to spell my name right will ya.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Damit,knew I should of got the white one.

Hahahaha, nuttin that a couple of old bedsheets can't fix... :clapping:

Maybe you can borrow one from Ma Bell, nobody would think twice then, just normal goofing off instead of working..

Edited by Fisherman

I'm still trying to figure out which is Brian.. which is Terry ! "Cant' live with'm.. can't shoot'm !"

Thats what happens when yer buds. Not that kind a BUD.LOL

Maybe you can borrow one from Ma Bell,

LOL

My kids have been skating for 3 days now on our homemade rink in Kitchener...crazy.

I know another surface thats safe Roger. ;) Glad the kids are having fun.

Great stuff Brian….very jealous…can't believe you guys are on the ice b4 me!!!!!

Oh Im sure you will make up for it,and have me sullivating soon enough Simon. Tease.LOL

I bet it sure felt good to be back on the ice again

That it did Chris. Nice to see yer outing was nice as well..

well we only found one lake I would think most are not ready

After driving this morning to do some scouting,I did find a few lakes that were not safe yet.

Couch

Not happening anytime soon.

007_zpsde7af300.jpg

From a lake I was hoping to fish this morning.

Not happening.. 10 ft from shore. I heard cracking,and was off like a scared jack rabbit.

003_zpsad8efe92.jpg

What I found? Where the snow fell,the winds blew,the lakes are not safe. I could see different stages of ice formation on all of them.

We were lucky enough to have the ice we did yesterday. Froze over for 8 days,and the temps were well below -10 all those nights.

Looking at the temps coming,I my just grab the float rod for bit.

We got a tease,and I,ll take it.

Before we all know it,we,ll be slaying lakers and whites and perch and thos pesky herring which we cant keep.

Be safe all.and enjoy yer winter wonderland,when it comes.