Christmas Craft Sale or Show

aplumma

For everyone who has a special talent for handmade items here is a chance for others to find your one of a kind gifts. Feel free to put a picture and a price for each item that you have for sale. People will contact you via P.M. to purchase the item and as they sell please edit your post with a sold instead of a price. If you have more than the one item then feel free to keep the ad going with a photo of the next item for sale. This is not limited to fishing items but the key is it has to be handmade not store bought please.

If you have questions feel free to contact me thru the P.M.'s

Art

Cool. I like this. Thanks Art.

My wife makes and sells lip balm. Her brand is "SIMPLY CHAP" It is made with three base ingredients: Coconut Oil, Beeswax and Vitamin E Oil. Also available is added: Selected Essential Oils (Grapefruit and Eucalyptus).

Good for the fishermen, fisherwomen and the fisherkids in the family. The stuff works really well as a hand balm too, especially in winter.

$5 each, no tax

lipbalm_zpscafbb6c0.jpg

PM me your email and/or phone number and she'll make contact with you ASAP.

Or, visit her facebook page http://www.facebook.com/simplychap and send her a message.

Great idea Art, thanks for the opportunity!

As some of you know I sell flies, jigs and spinners (trout and musky sized). I'll probably post a bunch of stuff up here but to start off I'll put up some basic nuke egg patterns, great pattern for steelhead, can be tied in just about any colour combination. I can also do normal eggs if you prefer. $2 each, $5 off and free shipping for any order over $25.

If you want to see other examples of my work visit www.yetifish.com

DSC_0162_zpsc7f7a900.jpg

Edited by Christopher k

I made some new Gyotaku Fish Prints. These ones are of some Crappie. Each one is an original, they are not prints. They are made on Japanese Rice Paper, using the actual fish, printer block ink and then the red stamp is my signature in Japanese characters.

I'm asking $45 each, your choice of which print, plus shipping (or they can be picked up for free). They look really awesome framed.

This one is 25.5 x 19, but can be cut to fit any frame. - This one is SOLD

11074835834_2ef1291e80_b.jpg

This one is 19 x 13 (can be cut to fit any frame) - SOLD

11074906493_e9b4d23848_b.jpg

Also 19 x 13

11074840574_08aedaabef_b.jpg

Again, 19 x 13

11074830386_f6fe738b7b_b.jpg

Edited by Joey

Love those fish prints Joey!

Here's item #3, stoneflies. This pattern has taken just about all of my steelhead in the last year, I usually tie it quite big (size 4-6) but of course smaller sizes are available, along with other colours to match your river.

And I'll give an amazing discount on these, $1.25 a piece, usually they would be $2.50.

DSC_0030_zps27fc6a8b.jpg

DSC_0031_zps9963a681.jpg

(Al, if you feel I'm clogging this thread up just say the word and I'll stop)

Wish I had time to post into this earlier, but here are a couple of things the son and I put together to feed our addiction.

Micro bucktails for crappie

DSCN4146_zps3400f174.jpg

1/32 and 1/16 size heads. Too many colour patterns to list or display. 9 head colours: Blue, pearl, orange, green, purple, black, brown, white, chartreuse The hair is left a little longer intentionally. Some like varying hair lengths on the jig. Some also use them trouting.

3 for $5

Bucktail worm harnesses

DSCN4145_zps3c653641.jpg

Just a sampling of the patterns available. Really effective on a slow troll or drift.

3 for $10

Just pm me and we can work outing getting them to you

#5, the scud. Last winter a lot of you guys were interested in "the Simcoe bug", the bug is nothing more than a VERY crude representation of a scud (freshwater shrimp). These shrimp are one of the main food sources for perch when they are hanging out in the weeds and are great when fish are finicky. This fly is probably 100x more realistic than "the bug" and works very well on the heavily pressured fish. You can fish it by itself but it will take a while to get down 10 feet, so I like to drop shot it with a micro tube and jig below it, works very well!

On sale for $2 (Sorry for the price increase, but since posting I'm on the hook for about 100 flies)

DSC_0030_zpsf3cf65bf.jpg

Edited by Christopher k

I made some new Gyotaku Fish Prints. These ones are of some Crappie. Each one is an original, they are not prints. They are made on Japanese Rice Paper, using the actual fish, printer block ink and then the red stamp is my signature in Japanese characters.

I'm asking $45 each, your choice of which print, plus shipping (or they can be picked up for free). They look really awesome framed.

Received my original today (Sunday), delivered by Canada Post???

Joey, Marianne is so impressed and mentioned your photos don't do justice to the quality of the art. We're going to frame this with double sided glass and hang in Sean's bedroom window so the natural light shines through the rice paper. I'll post a pic when the frames are done.

If anybody's 'on the fence' about purchasing these, don't hesitate cause I might just negotiate the rest of the collection. I don't know a single fisherperson who wouldn't appreciate on of these original works of art. As mentioned,the photos do no justice.

Thx again Joey. Very happy with the purchase :)

Edited by pikeslayer

My wife makes blankets in her spare time, here is a few, the larger ones are $500 and the smaller ones are $200. She makes quite a few of the smaller ones for baby blankets. She can design a pattern with pretty much anything on them , 3-4 month turnaround time.

image_zpsf61647ea.jpg

image_zps20e6c20d.jpg

image_zpse814548d.jpg

These blankets are absolutely beautiful pieces.

Received my original today (Sunday), delivered by Canada Post???

Joey, Marianne is so impressed and mentioned your photos don't do justice to the quality of the art. We're going to frame this with double sided glass and hang in Sean's bedroom window so the natural light shines through the rice paper. I'll post a pic when the frames are done.

If anybody's 'on the fence' about purchasing these, don't hesitate cause I might just negotiate the rest of the collection. I don't know a single fisherperson who wouldn't appreciate on of these original works of art. As mentioned,the photos do no justice.

Thx again Joey. Very happy with the purchase :)

Wow, thank you!!!

I hope Sean likes it and can gaze out at the world through it, that is a fantastic idea with the double sided class!!

Let me know if I can do anything else for you guys. I take requests too :)

#5, the scud. Last winter a lot of you guys were interested in "the Simcoe bug", the bug is nothing more than a VERY crude representation of a scud (freshwater shrimp). These shrimp are one of the main food sources for perch when they are hanging out in the weeds and are great when fish are finicky. This fly is probably 100x more realistic than "the bug" and works very well on the heavily pressured fish. You can fish it by itself but it will take a while to get down 10 feet, so I like to drop shot it with a micro tube and jig below it, works very well!

On sale for $2 (Sorry for the price increase, but since posting I'm on the hook for about 100 flies)

DSC_0030_zpsf3cf65bf.jpg

I recieved Terrys and I order. I think these will fit just find landing perch. Heck smelts too. Im even going to try them next spring fly fishing.

Thanks Christopher.