Follow The Leader

Photoz

Have you ever been driving along a waterway, miles from nowhere, saw what looked like a good spot, nice and quiet so you pulled over and started fishing. After about 10 minutes along comes another vehicle, the driver sees you fishing . . . . he figures YOU must 'know something,' walks over and tosses in 10' away! After a little while along comes another car . . . the 3 guys in it see there is 2 people (who must 'know something') already fishing, they pull over and commence fishing. Next is a couple more, who, when they see a half dozen guys already fishin' they call their pals on their cell phones. By the time an hour has passed there are several people crossing each other's lines, a couple cars blocked in . . . . so you give up and leave . . . . ? Yesterday at Port Hope, somebody caught ONE SMALL fish out off the pier . . . . within a couple hours there was a count of 19 people on the pier, 7 along the sailboat channel . . . . NOBODY else got even a hit! Aren't these cell phones wonderful?

That's why we used to keep it on the DL.

I remember one fall before the section below HWY 2 closed on Wilmot my 2 buddies and I were just crushing fish @ the first bend below the bridge. A couple of guys came walking down and asked us if we were having any luck. we said nope it's pretty slow.

At the time my buddy and I both had fish on but we let off all tension so the rods were not bent and it looked like we were just bottom bouncing. As soon as they walked around the corner and out of site we resumed the fight!! B)

You need to be able to disguise things if it comes to that. :ninja:

If we hadn't thought quickly and gone into stealth mode there would have been 2 more people trying to crowd us out of a really small piece of water. We poked 15 or 20 trout out of that hole in just a couple of hours. :clapping:

Well let me tell you it's not just the tribs !!!! It happens on the kawarthas and all over the lakes even the Ottawa river specially if you get the net out guys watch through binoculars and I have caught several walleyes and within a few mins boats are right beside me !!!!! Same with bass fishing on some lakes the locals will pull right up and fish beside you !!!! And yes instant messaging just makes it even worse now too !!!!!

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SAY AN EASTERN TRIB?

Blatantly naming the river does not help matters.

Makes no difference, everyone knows where the ganny is, and he is basically saying he caught nothing. I could see your point if he said he pounded em, and the fish where in thick. Angler numbers actually appear down at port hope these days. In the heyday, it was often shoulder to shoulder even midweek.

Makes no difference, everyone knows where the ganny is, and he is basically saying he caught nothing. I could see your point if he said he pounded em, and the fish where in thick. Angler numbers actually appear down at port hope these days. In the heyday, it was often shoulder to shoulder even midweek.

And they were lined up behind each other, to take the spot that opened up after a hook up.LOL

I dont miss those days.