NF. New job looking to move. E/S Simcoe questions.

pidge

Hey guys. Real off topic question, but figured given the diversity here I'd ask. I've been looking at moving to the area of Lake Simcoe. Somewhere close to the lake in and around this picture here. 3244465C-8D50-428C-83FC-EABA9E51B7B6-963 My question for the locals traveling south in the morning is what's the traffic like at about 5:00 am going south? Is there an area or areas to stay away from? By the way the new job is 404 and 16th Ave. Just looking for an idea of what your commute Is like please. I'm looking at places within a km of the shore personally, but hopefully I'm going to get some serious replys. Currently in the city renting and looking to buy up your way. Can someone give me any advice regarding commute times? I've timed it a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn't all that bad, but mornings are a different animal I know. Pros/cons? Please.

i dont think you'll have many issues with traffic

i am not from the area but my daily commute is similar in that i drive (~45 mins to 1 hour tops - 65kms) from grand valley to mississauga all on county roads. other than the occasional school bus or cows that have wandered onto the road.... traffic is not an issue. enjoy getting out of dodge.

Better start growing a mullet now and get yourself a Keswick dinner jacket....LOL

the only people that I saw in Keswick that had mullets had come from Innisfil and they were there to watch their local hockey teams get their butts kicked

i

Well thanks guys for the heads up. I expect the weather to be worse in the winter. Lol@ Keswick dinner jacket. We call it a Newfie dinner jacket. Looking at a few places on the MLS website. Anyone come from the Georgina area and commute to the 404/407 area by chance? Mainly looking for travel times.

Keswick is not as bad as these ppl think! I drive from keswick to Markham 3 times a week on average.

If you are on the 404 by say 530am traffic is good. If you hit it at 6ish you will find it gets slow at auroa ramp! Save time hit hwy 48 right to 16th Speed is 80km however usualy 90+km

Travel time is roughly 35mins tops!

flip

5am you won’t be bad.

After 7am

Woodbine backs up North of Stouffville road down past 16th. Woodbine bypass at Major Mac is a big backup as is North of 16th

404 backup usually starts around Elgin Mills all the way down

Some bad mornings it can take 45 minutes from Stouffville to 16th. :wallbash:

Keep your head on a swivel around Markham, some of the worst drivers around.