helicopters over Dalrymple

For a few years they were Bivouacing for a week or so in the field behind Lake Dalrymple Resort and practicing landings on the lake - let's just say my trolling pattern was changed for a while - both for watching and getting out of the way! One chopper with floats came in like a bushplane skimming along for a bit, I was in a 12' tinny and not too sure he saw me, I swear if I hadn't turned a bit I'd have been under the main rotor.

Fun part was when I was talking to my neighbour on his base station from my truck on the CB - they broke in on us demanding ID, position, vehicle type etc - I asked them what they were doing on the citizen's band (that's the PG version) and they got real quiet all of a sudden! It's always amazing to watch though - two flew over where I was working this afternoon (Uptergrove east of Orillia) and I suspect they may have been the same ones you spotted on Dalrymple.

Michael

Living on the shoreline of Erie we are always getting flybys by all sorts of aircraft. They use the shoreline like a roadway, easy to follow the shore I guess. The best is when there is an airshow and they head back to the states. As the Canadian Warplane Museum is only about 40 minutes away the Lancaster Bomber and other vintage warplanes fly by regularly, you sure know when the old gals are coming, talk about loud, we love it.

Living on the shoreline of Erie we are always getting flybys by all sorts of aircraft. They use the shoreline like a roadway, easy to follow the shore I guess. The best is when there is an airshow and they head back to the states. As the Canadian Warplane Museum is only about 40 minutes away the Lancaster Bomber and other vintage warplanes fly by regularly, you sure know when the old gals are coming, talk about loud, we love it.

Nothing quite like the rumble and roar of RollsRoyce Merlins, or a Packard, engine. Then there is the drone from the P&W engine on the Harvard Trainer. Edited by bigugli

Nothing like a little low level training time to get the locals excited. It really gets exciting when a Herc does a tree top run to deliver the Paras for a wargame exercise.

Sometimes VERY low.

Thought I was gonna lose some trees with this one :lol:

Cnv1161.jpg

Cnv1159.jpg

Sometimes VERY low.

Thought I was gonna lose some trees with this one :lol:

Cnv1161.jpg

Cnv1159.jpg

Hey Lew. Was this about a month or so ago? I was at the trailer on Pigeon and this guy came over the park very low. Scared the hell out of the wife lol. The kids and I went to the dock and watched the thing circle around the lake for about an hour. Pretty awesome. Once it was heading straight for our dock very low and flashed its lights. The kids thought it was so cool.

I live just on the west side of Base Borden and see them training quite often in the Griffons just behind my house . There training seems to take them down the two river valleys in my area (Pine & Boyne)

and some days they are just over the tree tops , pretty impressive stuff .

Hey Lew. Was this about a month or so ago?

Nope, it was maybe 2 years ago.

There was some sort of military awards program down in Peterboro about 15 miles to the south of me. This guy was gonna do a low fly past and was just marking time up here until it was his turn to go.

There's a Herc that flies over head pretty well every day heading west then comes back again in the evening. I spose he's on a regular milk run from Trenton.