Windsor Lake's Bounty: Exploring New Water On The Attawapiskat

solopaddler

Another great trip in the books for you Mike. Awesome gators and eyes :clapping:

And I have to agree, giving you a hard time about the Baileys was a bit much. I mean with all the other boat traffic you must have encountered up there, its a darn good thing you didn't have any in that coffee :whistling::rolleyes:

Awesome once again.. The MNR landed on Yesterday lake, Cochrane Air when we we there? They landed on the lake, we motored over to the plane.. There were 2 young guys and a girl. The girl was on a computer, she said she was watching us from the air? I was like, What the hell? She new we had coolers, fish, etc... Luckily we had NO alcohol, as they were looking for it... It felt kinda strange.. But oh, well...... Great report!

after Mike's experience, me and my fly-in group have already discussed some extra precautions and extra gear we will have in the boats in case there's a strange yellow plane coming down towards us

A fellow needs to break away from fish every now and then lol.Looks delicious Mike!!!What a trip as always .

We don't suffer on these trips that's for sure!

after Mike's experience, me and my fly-in group have already discussed some extra precautions and extra gear we will have in the boats in case there's a strange yellow plane coming down towards us

After seeing numerous photos of your gear piled on the dock prior to boarding I can understand why LOL!

Mike!

Where's the drool emoticon for this report?!?!

Wait...

homer_simpson_drooling.gif

Aaahhhh... That's better.

Another epic write up. I really hope to join you one day.. If our past trips have been any indication, a fly-in together would be awesome!!

cheers!

p.s. How'd those leaders work out?

Another bountiful walleye, pike excursion for you.

Apparently pike when filleted properly are as good as walleye.

You should highlight a pike fish fry sometime.

Noticed you have Ricky and Julian (Trailer Park boys) with you again.

Beginning to think you must be Bubbles, incognito.......lol.

Nice trip Mike. Re the MNR, I can't blame them for wanting to find something, it looks good to their bosses and to us. Remember we are the one always complaining about a lack of enforcement. In this case there was a lot of overhead and nothing to show for it because of responsible anglers.

Once again thanks guys, glad you enjoyed!

Another epic write up. I really hope to join you one day.. If our past trips have been any indication, a fly-in together would be awesome!!

cheers!

p.s. How'd those leaders work out?

I'd love it if you could join me!! As far as the leaders go they were flawless, thanks again!

I've eaten pike plenty of times......when I couldn't catch walleye. LOL!

The "Ricky/Julian" thing was an ongoing joke between us. You'll have to excuse me now, it's time to feed Steve French.

Nice trip Mike. Re the MNR, I can't blame them for wanting to find something, it looks good to their bosses and to us. Remember we are the one always complaining about a lack of enforcement. In this case there was a lot of overhead and nothing to show for it because of responsible anglers.

You're the voice of reason Brad.

Another bountiful walleye, pike excursion for you.

a little off topic, but, earlier this summer, we did a multi- species fish fry, everything battered with the same seasoning, deep fried,

everyone was in agreement that the ranking from the best to worst was

1) whitefish

2) walleye

3) perch

4) pike

I know fish from different lakes with different diets can influence their table fare qualities, it was interesting though

Needed to wait for some time and some volume for the videos. Work didn't give much of either.

Lots of respectable pike and some of the pics remind me of a big widened area around Bear Island waaaaaay down river by the town. There just aren't many places if any at all that aren't beautiful to view along that river. Camp looks better than envisioned. MNR... what can ya say??? I found it odd for ya dood for as I said, they came in on us every year on the Kesagami ice, and were always awesome.

One thing to be said about ya Mike, you're a handy guy out there with these camps. You seem to get in and out of things easy, and in a good stride. Cool to see Ricky & Julian tippin' some drinks and deep frying fishy dinks with ya.

Another gem of a trip under your belt Mister! :clapping: