Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

As much as I feel he is a very needed D man I don't like the idea of him getting anywhere near 7 million dollars a year or a 7 year deal that has been rumoured.

Me either!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing him get 5.5 + performance bonus but how would you react to a pay cut? In all reality I see him probably getting a new deal in between what he's getting now (6.5mill) and 7.

But I still like the performance bonus idea lol wishful thinking, this all being said I think the leafs do rely very heavily on him and to let him walk would be a travesty because who would pull all those long tough minutes for them otherwise? He is definitely a huge asset to them in my eyes

Yeah they are look at Jarome Iginlas contract

"Forward Jarome Iginla has agreed to a one-year contract with the Boston Bruins, the team announced Friday.

Iginla's base salary is $1.8 million and the contract carries incentives of $4.2 million for an annual salary-cap figure of $6 million."

I should have been more accurate.

From the league's site:

PERFORMANCE BONUSES

What players may earn in performance bonuses?

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

Dion does not qualify.

Some high quality hockey in Philly tonight. :whistling:

And it gets better. Emery who let in 4 goals on 15 shots in 22 minutes of hockey, amidst a 7-0 loss, is officially the 3rd star on the league's web site. I'd say it's a time wrap but the thugs aren't winning any hockey games like they did in the '70's.

And one day after halloween a lot of people went to the sens game dressed as empty seats.

BYBcJP8IMAAvnpVjpg-large_zpsa92c8926.jpe

That picture looks like it was taken pregame. Im sure there were many more fans there for the puck drop..

I never understood why people sit way up there, when there are so many lower bowl seats empty..

Edited by tb4me

Until the Leafs win the cup I just experienced my number 1 sports memory of all time. My dad flew out to Alberta Tuesday morning and we took in the Leafs vs Oilers. Great game and surprisingly an equal split of fans in the stands.

Then Wednesday we road tripped to Calgary to watch the Leafs vs the Flames. Way nicer building and way closer game.

Experiencing both games would have been sweet enough as is, but having my dad fly out and getting to do the road trip with him defiantly makes the experience that much more memorable.

I think he had a good time too, he keeps saying now how it has to be a yearly thing.

Emery should be suspended. He basically gooned Holtby who didnt want to fight and then punched him in the back of the head a good 1/2dozen times. Im happy to see them in the gutter.

OH, he will be suspended and does deserve it.

It was like watching one of those good old 1970's games back when I was a youngster. :D

I thought that the fight was excellent..Twitter is a buzz about it too.. then there are the usual idiots demanding fighting be eliminated from the game...SIgh go watch lawn bowling of you dont like it..Brutal Philly did what ANY team would do loosing 7-0 its the way it is in the NHL you run the score up your gonna get beat on..No its not time for a change..Looking forward to what Don Cherry has to say about it tonight....

I thought that the fight was excellent..Twitter is a buzz about it too.. then there are the usual idiots demanding fighting be eliminated from the game...SIgh go watch lawn bowling of you dont like it..Brutal Philly did what ANY team would do loosing 7-0 its the way it is in the NHL you run the score up your gonna get beat on..No its not time for a change..Looking forward to what Don Cherry has to say about it tonight....

First HNIC game starts in an hour!!! :D

Triple header today. :clapping: