Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

for what?

LOL!!!!!!! Nice one.

Watch out cause now that they have Shanahan overseeing things the cup all but belongs to the leafs and their deprived fans next season. Another boneheaded move by an organization filled with boneheads.LOL!!!!!!

So now we switch to the real teams.

Boston and St.Louis.

Moneys on The Bean town boys to go further.

Sid the kids will whine like norm,and throw his teams chances out the door. Like they had a chance any ways.Pretty boys dont win playoffs.LMAO Ok Once.

Philly. I like the way they have rebounded. Young team having fun,but still have size to knock the crap out of ya.

The rest are just pawns.

Boston and St.Louis haven't been looking very good as of late.. First round should be some great hockey!

Wanted St,Louis,but already picked in the pool.Had to settle for BOSTON,feeling pretty sad now !!Not lol.

Edited by davey buoy

Ice is gone and so is cable. No time to waste on over paid atheletes playing games in the overly hyped fantasy land called sport. Time to go fishing.

Note to leaf fans. Find a new hobby cause its gonna be a long while till you see something resembling anything other than mediocrity. hehehehehehe............

Curious to hear some peoples predictions for the first round..

East:

Boston in 6
Pittsburgh in 6

Montreal in 7

Philadelphia in 7

West:

Colorado in 6
St. Louis in 7
Anaheim in 6
Los Angeles in 6

I would like to see Columbus beat Pittsburgh and Dallas to beat Anaheim, I just don't see it happening. Love the underdog stories haha.

With these matchups I don't see any short series. I was tempted to say Colorado in 5 but I felt Minnesota deserved a little more credit.

Edited by jbailey

Just noticed in the final standings, after all the gripes about how the playoff format would lead to strong western teams missing the playoffs while relatively weak eastern teams made it, the playoff team with the fewest points is actually Dallas from the western division.

Also, none of the wild card teams from the eastern conference have more points than any of the play off teams from the Atlantic division.

Now, can anyone tell me why most of the teams from cities on the Atlantic coast are in the Metropolitan division when most of the teams in the Atlantic division are from "inland" cities?

Had to chime in. Accompanied a friend to Cambridge this afternoon so I could drive back a vehicle he had purchased and while I was sitting in a local establishment enjoying a veal sandwich all that could be heard was the owner, staff and a patron complaining(with much fervor) about the leafs and how to make them better. The infection and rot brought on by years of neglect and incompetence is far worse than I could have ever imagine. Almost spit out my food at one point while trying to contain my laughter. Silly leaf fans, hockey is for real teams.

Had to chime in. Accompanied a friend to Cambridge this afternoon so I could drive back a vehicle he had purchased and while I was sitting in a local establishment enjoying a veal sandwich all that could be heard was the owner, staff and a patron complaining(with much fervor) about the leafs and how to make them better. The infection and rot brought on by years of neglect and incompetence is far worse than I could have ever imagine. Almost spit out my food at one point while trying to contain my laughter. Silly leaf fans, hockey is for real teams.

Yes, it is!

:worthy:

I also was at a local sports establishment last night, but in Ottawa. As I was drinking my Beau's Lugtread pint I noticed that no one in the whole place was talking about the Sens or how to make them better. The years of no one in the city caring about the local hockey team is more embarrassing than I could ever comprehend (and that's as a Leafs fan). Silly Ottawa Senators, fans are for real teams. :whistling: