Girlfriends first fish !!

mercman

I havent posted a fish in a while, because, well, i havent fished in a while. My girlfriend and I just bought a house together, and we have been really busy feathering our nest. She has never fished before, but has always shown an interest in trying it.

Well, this past weekend the timeing was right, and i called my bud Mike Rousseau, and we headed out for a mixed day of Musky and walleye. I had shown Natalie pics of Musky and told her as much as i dared so she wouldnt get scared, but when her rod got hit, she almost jumped out of her seat, Here is her very first fish ever. A fish of a lifetime !!!!!

105_0282edited_zpsea76e1d3.jpg

105_0281edited_zps1cf707d2.jpg

53 inches of BEAST !!! Now to get a scale, Mike is 6'5" Natalie is 5'. That fish was 7 inches shorter than her :D Sorry for the pic quality, in all the excitement, i didnt realize the sun was in the foreground :wallbash:

Couple of shots, and back she went. Cool water temps made for a quick release, and after trailng her for a few minutes to protect her on the surface while she caught her breath, she swam off back to her lair. I was ecstatic, and my girl friend was shakeing with excitement.Me......Out fished again as usual :wacko:

She like that, but she really had fun with the walleye. She had 5 caught before i caught my first, but all in all we boated 22 walleye and 6 smallies. We kept a limit of good eaters, and released the rest.

IMGP2498_zpsa9e8f15f.jpg

By the way....Natalie accepted my marriage proposal back in May, and we are sheduled to wed next June or July. Its never ever too late to find your soulmate !!!

Hope you all enjoy this

Paul

That's amazing !!!! First fishing trip and a trophy too boot !!!!! And even caught dinner as well !!!! Congrats on the getting married part as well Paul !!!! That's an incredible fishery down that way and I got to get down there and do some myself !!!! Cheers ..... I guess you will have a fishing partner from now on !!!! She is hooked for sure !!! Cheers

you set that bar pretty high with helping her catch that monster!!! Congrats on the engagement. Happy wife, happy life!

Nick

No help catching it :D She chose the lure, and didn't think twice about grabbing the rod and hauling the big girl in!! Said her arms were still sore this morning too :dunno::lol:

What a gentlemen letting her bring in the big fish! haha.

some guys will do anything to get a positive answer to marriage...lol...Congrates Paul...you two do have alot in common ...your both learning to fish....

All the best for the future events!!!