Back lake bass,n and set up for the fall bear hunt

misfish

Was invited by RyanMc, to help set up for this fall bear hunt,and in return for helping,I was shown a back lake bass spot. Hunting and fishing,cant beat that.

What a nice peice of land this was. Drive for miles,many roads going all over in many directions. GPS is a must here.

We decided to play first,then set up the bear area later.

At our parking spot,I came across a turtle hatch. It couldnt of been more then a few days old.

001_zps0dffd562.jpg

Then we seen a pile of bear skat. Lots of fur in it. Looked like deer hair.

009_zps89b7ba41.jpg

Got an hour of fishing in. We just fished from shore. Will bring the tube and canoe next time.

Bass were hungry . Senkos and slammers.

006_zps7e29dd22.jpg

005_zps34976378.jpg

007_zps7cbc553e.jpg

003_zps4ca79ef2.jpg

016_zps6f1562cd.jpg

Play time was over. Time to pick a spot to set up the bait. Looking for a high ridge close to a swamp was the plan. That way,the bear could be dragged down hill with ease. LOL

Lots of moose tracks and this one was big.015_zpsf134ecf6.jpgGet all the gear up the hill and get started trimming a shooting lane. Saw down a tree to put some logs around the barrel. Set up the bait barrel,load it up and get it ready for action.

010_zps9b44ae97.jpg

Took a short video. I guess the climbing up the hill didnt allow the camera to focus properly.

I think the numbers are/were expected to be more in the middle of the cycle but I haven't been seeing too many either. :dunno: I am all wound up to get back at it after too many years away. May have to go father north.

Yep it's looking to be a less then banner year for grouse in the WMU's I frequent . June was brutal on them. Still you never know , foilage is so thick most birds would be invisible untill flushed .

I'll have a better feel for what's going on around us once I can run my GSP in the woods again, still the risk of him disturbing chicks and every other animals new offspring .

R