Gonna be living the dream

Rod Caster

congratulations ! 160 acres will be a nice wood lot and being in an unorganized township will make life easy for building. I can see trail cutting in your future lol. are you also thinking of a large garden as well as chickens and rabbits ?

Yes. My wife and I really want to be mostly self sustaining for food... so that means lots of fruits/veg, herbs and as much wild food as possible. These will be longer term plans as we need to accustom ourselves to basics of bush living first.

You are right about the trail cutting, there are only two small trails on the entire property. There isn't even a trail to the river yet!

Chad, congrats to you! Now you'll have no trouble choosing Christmas and BD gifts for the wife. With her new calling in life, the wife will need a tractor and a chainsaw.

haha, she's suprisingly ok with that.

Congrats! I have thought about moving from GTA to a place like that but my wife would probably say " You crazy! If your going, your doing it alon

That would be a big move from the GTA... being from North Bay, I'm already 25% bushman so it'll be an easy transition

That is amazing news!!! So happy for you man!!

Now you will have room to house plenty on OFC'r for guided spec fishing trips!!!

Special rates for the Nipissing G2G members!

Ive already started accepting payments from hunters...hope you're OK with this. Start cutting trails, please.

Trade some birds/deer for free labour? :)

I was just wondering if you had got the place mentioned not long ago, and now I saw this post.. I'm a bit behind the times, I apologize... Congrats to you two! The speck water sounds like the best part, no matter what you paid for the property. ;)

Stoked for ya chad!!!! Im currently searching myself to build next year, on a lake with trophy lakers, musky, pike, walleye and tons of panfish! Getting all our maps this week and scouting next week. Even the thought of scouting land has me more than amped!!!

Stoked for ya chad!!!! Im currently searching myself to build next year, on a lake with trophy lakers, musky, pike, walleye and tons of panfish! Getting all our maps this week and scouting next week. Even the thought of scouting land has me more than amped!!!

That's awesome!! Your lucky up there that lake front property isn't basically a financial suicide! Even in and around North Bay if you want property on a decent lake (not a swamp), the prices and taxes are way inflated. Hope your dock will be located right near a shoal/dropoff! haha

That's awesome!! Your lucky up there that lake front property isn't basically a financial suicide! Even in and around North Bay if you want property on a decent lake (not a swamp), the prices and taxes are way inflated. Hope your dock will be located right near a shoal/dropoff! haha

got two spots to check that go from 12 ft off shore right to 80 fow. Im hopefully lol