Two more checked off the OFC bucket list

misfish

First off

,HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU DADS OUT THERE,

Been trying to hook up with a couple of felas for sometime now,but the weather,mostly wind conditions,kept us at bay. Finally the winds were to our favor,but rain was in the forecast, that was ok with us.

The game of choice,LAKERS.

I was hopeing to put them on their first Simcoe lakers and thought it would be a piece of cake. Well,,,,,,the start didnt go to well. I couldnt find my only two lucky lures.(Think Terrys got them :tease: )

So I ask my quest if he had any of these,,,,,,,YUP, Sweet.

Even though they were mags,down they went. It wasnt long til we had the first on,and what a first. I have down rigged out there and had big fish on,but this one was like I snagged the bottom. I thought I did.for a moment,til the rod started to bob. Big fish. After about a 5 minute fight,I thought I was gaining,then it happen,pulled out the lure. NOOOOOOO

We had several knock offs with no hook ups. Not sure what that was all about. Maybe the mags larger trebs were to much for the smaller lakers.

The rain was relentless. It rain all morning,til the light winds were in transition from the south to the west.. Lots of action on the finder then. Finally another fish hook up. Nice battle on the pin again. (I love it so much,I brought it out again) :D

Landed and in the well for my guests smoker.

Down went the same lure,and it was in a matter of a minute,and off it went. Another monster,that didnt want to come up.Big weight. I help my young friend with the pin and long rod,making sure he dosent get his knuckles busted. :w00t:

He did a fine job for the few minutes we had this brute on,but it was not to be a landed one.

I tell ya, Thats two big fish,that are out there, and I will be looking for very soon again.

With the west wind really picking up,we decided that was the time to end our day.A 5 hour tour,with 2 great guys and new friends thanks to OFC.

Thanks for making the trip up byes, Great to finally meet you both.Lets do it again soon.

Spincast and GMAN. :good:

026-1_zps1cf060d8.jpg

Great to finally meet you Brian - and thanks for taking the time to show us your waters on a wet and windy Sunday . Sure am glad I had that stand up - sorry its about 2 feet too short for the third man in the boat : :dunno: Now your turn to come down to our lake and see what we can show you. Hopefully G will be a bit more of his normal self - usually he is pretty well non stop chatter box. Those sleepless sleep overs do it to the guy every time.

th_ThefishMisfishdidntmissfish_zpsca70bd

wasn't sure if this was the one you landed or last, until the give away

What are these secret spoons youur using?

You,ll need to make yourself the next check off S. Fishing or a duck hunt,no matter to me,LOL

But truth be known, you're definitely a fun guy to spend a day in the boat with !! :lol:

Yer still laughing at my leaderless break offs,arent ya Lew. :lol:

Thats a nice sized greaser.

Pretty muck the Average this year and last. Great laker fishery Simcoe has come back too. be known for. Lets see if the smallies come back as big.

Nice Brian. When am I gonna get checked off of that list?

The saying,leave the best for last comes to mind,but not sure I can wait that long bud. Your work is as stupid as mine. Work work work.

hey, if your lures are in my boat, then the new owner has them...owner of the boat that is

My secret is safe then. LOL

Hopefully G will be a bit more of his normal self - usually he is pretty well non stop chatter box.

Ya he was pretty quiet. Not normal for young lads,but then again,you got to be awake to chatter. :D

Nice polite son you have there sir.

Edited by Misfish

Nice

Thanks. Always nice to get out with members from the board.

You've got an open seat any time Brian. Come slay some eyes, musky, or ducks anytime you want bud! You know I'll be going, work it in your schedule, let's get 'er done!

S.

That day will come there bye. I,ll be working on it.

Good stuff guys!

Thanks Frankie. He did share some funny stories. I would like to hook up with you aswell,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you can be there on time. :ninja:

Good on ya Brian. And great fish for da kid.

Rainy days for dem lakers is when the big ones bite... and fight.

Thanks dude. I was telling Rick about a time I fished the same weather. It was gang busters.

Hey Brian. I ran the half marathon this morning and I saw that boat all rigged up ready to go with full canopy. Well done.

Thanks Chris. Ya seen them setting up for the race. Not a great day for a run.LOL

awesome stuff guys! thanks for the report!

Thanks Ryan. Was a good wet time. :canadian:

Rick,that vid was the one that was sticking down to the bottom. The pic of the fish,is the one we landed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FINALLY.

I had nightmares about those two bigg,ns.

Again,thanks for making the trip up.

They're still there........ It was a blast actually - lots of hooks on the screen, I thought for sure with the rain coming we would have had a cracker jack day - but that's the way it goes some days.

I had a blast watching you (I've got bottom.... no it moved... oh that's a BIIIIG fish, slow the boat down...), and listening to you show G how to work the knuckle duster with that pig down there was funny, - a slight quiver in the voice.... and a firm hand on the pin :lol: . How did you like that trick release? It randomly releases until you put an elastic on it, then, it wont let go for the rest of the day, not matter what. They're special order from Scotty :whistling:

So, what was that secret scent that made the fish bite your rod, but not mine even when we had the same lure at the same depth? Some Newfie kiss that gets passed from father to son?

Edited by spincast

Dayumn! That's a solid catch right there, and a couple OFC members to boot! You got an extra seat? hahah, I've never caught a lake trout before... and I simply do not have the tools... like a boat, or a downrigger... or trout/salmon lures... Couldn't find them in the winter either. I probably don't have the know how, but I'm betting the fish didn't exist.