To all the quitters out there......

limeyangler

Time for me to lead by example Simon. I just interviewed for suboxone treatment trainee :) one of the girls involved told me she met you a few months back, pretty cool if ya ask me

Good on ya Rick

I think I know who you mean...but would lose my job if I mention names....so just say hi to anyone who says they know me.

I'm in limbo right now. Don't smoke during the week (which is difficult) but still go back to old ways on weekends...beer, canoes, fishing, it's just such a part of who/what i am. Since I consider myself of low-willpower when it comes to quitting, I'm quite happy that I can go 4 or 5 days at time and not smash everything I own. Its a good start. Best I've done in any of my "attempts"

22 years ago I went on a health kick and gave up smoking, booze, coffee and sugar, all cold turkey, then got seriously into mountain biking and ended up with nearly $3000 invested in a bike and rode 5-40 miles everyday for years, spring, summer, fall & winter

I was lucky and never gave a 2nd thought to the booze, smokes or sugar, but giving up coffee really bothered me. I went to see my doctor about it and she said not to worry about it, because the smokes were the big one and go back to coffee if I wanted.

And 2 years ago I also gave up salt.

Still off all the bad stuff, but no longer riding and still loving my coffee.

Congratulations, you guys! This thread is inspiring! Makes me wanna take up smoking just so I can quit.

LOL.. I'm glad I never started smoking, but i know how hard it can be from watching friends and family, not being able to quit. It took my mother from us 17 years ago this July.

Comgrats! to all quitters.