Weekend at Bernie's Spring 13 edition

Headhunter

The mostly usual cast and crew left the GTA on Friday morning, heading up to Nip for our annual GTG with Bernie at his cottage. With Friday being a non fishing day, we arrived mid afternoon and began the process of planning our attack on Saturday morning, over a few beverages of choice.

Generally, we did well over the weekend, with many "cigars" caught over the three days of fishing. An east wind and on and off showers was the ticket from the weather man, but mostly totally manageable.

Sunday afternoon/evening was our best day with limits caught by all... and a number of "slot" fish released as well. Seems we left the Skunk in Whitby! LOL

The other guys took some pics and I'll let them post them up here when time permits.

A special thanks once again to Bernie for the invite. We all really appreciate the opportunity to share the time and always find a way to laugh the weekend away. Thanks again Bernie and already lookin forward to September!

HH

• Here are some pics from the weekend. Didn't take too many as it's hard to shoot when you are laughing.

Joe up front jigging away.

P1040308_zps2a5a9fe2.jpg

Mike with a keeper.

P1040310_zps0cb42796.jpg

Will and Rueben close by. Will always moves up close when he sees us catching ;)

P1040311_zps6af82e58.jpg

Joe in action.

P1040313_zpsa08fe008.jpg

Netting another fine one.

P1040316_zps11b2774a.jpg

•  

Will and Rueben close by. Will always moves up close when he sees us catching ;)

Joe in action.

P1040313_zpsa08fe008.jpg

Netting another fine one.

thanks for having us Bernie! actual conversation from the above pic, from within Will's boat:

Will: <quack>

Rubin: oooohhh Willlllllll!! you're killing me Willlll!

the two biggest catches of the weekend has to goto Bernie's screen door..

Nice shots Bernie. Mike....what happens at Bernie's stays at Bernie's....damn screen door.

I didn't take many shots either but here's a few.

Sunset on Friday as we anticipate the opening of the season.

P1020014.jpg

First eye of the season and the release.

P1020020.jpg

P1020021.jpg

Mike with a nice pike that was taken during nap time for some.

P1020022.jpg

P1020026.jpg

My boat in it's happy place.

P1020028.jpg

And the last night sunset shot.

P1020030.jpg

It was a great fish that night with Mike. Lots of cigars, a couple in the slot and a few keeper sizes. Good times.

Another great trip in the books and can't wait till the fall.

Another classic Bernie weekend it seems! Don't worry Joe, I will be gracing your presence for the September trip, so you can just relax in the cottage and not waste your time trying to catch fish :tease:

Will, that really is a great sunset picture!! I may steal it for my wallpaper on my computer!

Glad to hear you guys got into some numbers on this trip...it always is more fun when you catch lots of fish (or at least so I hear!!) LOL.

How could I forget the screen door incident! I must have "swept that memory away"!

Cliff, break out the guitar and get ready for the fall trip... apparently the "crowd" wants us to be able to play a song from beginning to end!

Great pics guys... thanks for adding them.

HH

How could I forget the screen door incident! I must have "swept that memory away"!

Cliff, break out the guitar and get ready for the fall trip... apparently the "crowd" wants us to be able to play a song from beginning to end!

Great pics guys... thanks for adding them.

HH

that door is in a really bad spot, so i can see how these kind of incidents happen...

i'm actually surprised that rubin's tiny calves didnt slip right through the screen.. equally as surprising was that Will's ghost like tan, doesnt possess ghostly abilities needed to pass through objects..