Wiksteed Lake pike & walleye report

gino

Hi everyone!

This is our second year on Wicksteed lake for the opener. Last year was total walleye skunk, just pike and OOS smalmouth bass. This year we kinda knew some spots that might hold good numbers of walleye, so we went there and paid of. My friend, Ifish4real got his personal best walleye, a hefty 28 in beauty. Overall was a very good trip, saturday was the best day but sunday morning rain and a cold front shutting down the fish...next year we hope to get more. And here's some pics...

DSC05432.jpg

DSC05442.jpg

DSC05441.jpg

DSC05452.jpg

DSC05449.jpg

DSC05454.jpg

DSC05462.jpg

DSC05464.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05461.jpg

DSC05473.jpg

DSC05476.jpg

DSC05477.jpg

...until next opener...tight lines everyone!

Cheers!

Gino

Solid walleye for that lake. Beautiful colours. High water must have helped out with some of the rocks. Were you camped on the back side of the island as you get to Lenards Bay? Looks like that is where your boat is landed in the 1st picture. Lets talk before you go again and I should be able to help you out with some more spots. I have fished it about 10 times and 4 of them was opening weekend.

Solid walleye for that lake. Beautiful colours. High water must have helped out with some of the rocks. Were you camped on the back side of the island as you get to Lenards Bay? Looks like that is where your boat is landed in the 1st picture. Lets talk before you go again and I should be able to help you out with some more spots. I have fished it about 10 times and 4 of them was opening weekend.

Thanks Nipfisher! We still don't know the lake very well, but thanks to Chad I used some intel he gave me last year and applied way much better this year. I thought too that high water will be a help but still some rocks unmarked put us in some trouble and the propeller has to be changed... :wallbash: . Where you see the boat is right at the "ramp", beside the dam. Will sure talk about next time before we plan to go there. Cheers!

Good stuff Gino! I could only fish the Monday which was also cold and windy; got a few pike...

That 28" is saweet!

Thank you Chad! Your help from last year really paid of this year...the lake is really a gem. The 28" went back in to the water, where he belongs... :Gonefishing: . I was really surprised to see the effect of that cold front on the fish mood...they sure shut down on sunday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...