My new boat

Rizzo

Well after a LOT of research and a few polls on here (alumacraft vs smokercraft vs lowe) and (suzuki vs. merc. vs. yamaha) it was the alumacraft with the yamaha that won out. Once I brought my princecraft up to Kickingfrog, it was time to visit Clarence at Bay City Marine and bring this baby home. Glad I measured the garage twice, because even with the swing tongue this thing really maxes it out...only a couple of inches to spare! Was incredibly excited to get it out on the water this past Saturday, until truck problems left me in dry-dock. Thank you to all who posted their opinions. Although you caused me to spend more money (especially maxing the boat out with the 90) I think it was the right decision. One real nice surprise when I went to pick it up was the boat was on a galvanized trailer...I had not been expecting that. Clarence from Bay City Marine was a real pleasure to deal with, I would recommend anyone looking for a Lund check them out (they no longer carry alumacraft).alumacraft 001.JPGalumacraft 003.JPG

Edited by Rizzo

Very nice Roger & congrats on the new ride, she's a beaut for sure !!

Great choice on that Yamaha motor too, your gonna be more than happy with it.

Edited by lew

Awesome boat congrats!!

Your goin to love that yammie!!! We got the 75 tiller

last year and its been awesome.

If your are close to a prop shop get them

to check the Yamaha prop for balance. I was at Kawartha

prop repair this weekend testing props and picked up

a 4 blade SS..

We checked the balance on my original prop and it had one

very heavy blade. I'm goin to have it balanced.

Post up some performance specs once she's broke in :-)

• 2 weeks later...

MAN!.. I did not realize that! bummer..pm me your address.. I need to go back to see Jon.. The 4 blade worked well but I lost to much speed and mileage with a load in the boat.

I'm thinking on a Merc Vengance 16p.. or a 4 blade aluminum to get the speed and mileage back.

Maybe I could use you as a passenger when testing LOL! Since your only 10mins away :)

Edited by RangerGuy

Ya, I made the mistake years ago not maxing out the boats max rated power. It might seem great the first few rides, but you quickly regret not maxing out.

Sweet ride for sure though.

I dont know with such a light weight boat that a 4 blade prop is going to give you the best performance. I would stick with a 3 blade IMO. Something with a decent amount of cupping for bow lift and to hold the water in a turn trimmed out. That light load with a 90hp shouldnt need a 4 blade. but if you have the oppertunity to test props, thats always a bonus.

Not sure about the Yami breakin either, but with my mercs, the max rpm changed once the motor broke in a bit, I would wait to see where your rpms settle in before choosing a prop.