Boat insurance.....NF

Terry

Just curious of why not thru the House Insurrances??

My understanding is...if you ever have to make a claim for your boat that's insured on your home policy, it counts as a claim on your home, and sometimes the insurance company will refuse to renew your home (or at least put you in a high risk category - more $$$) if you have several recent claims.

Insurance is quite a racket isn't it?,you pay premiums to insure something at a set amount,then,if by chance you have to use it for what you pay for it.

Most times they raise your premiums after a claim.I don't know how they get away with it?

And here I thought I converted you to walking and getting in good shape,fishing the rivers and streams. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Oh wait,you have a new boat coming. Im, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had my boats with state farm. Think I paid $360 or so,,for a 12 month coverage.

I'm with davey buoy, insurance is the biggest scam going. You pay for it your whole life on just about everything you own, but when you actually need it, they still bend you over and try to screw you any way they can, and then raise your rates! Its criminal!

• 1 month later...

ok

I called about 6 companies on your recommendations

one asked me who I had my house insurance with and that I should go with them rather then giving me a quote...this was a broker

most said they would call me back, 2 did not, one said she did not get around to it and the other said they left a message with the person who answered the phone,(cell phone never leaves my side ) so liar

my insurance company get me a price 1040.00 statefarm

broker tupling gave good price 680.00 but did not know much about boats and had to call me back every time I asked a question

NautiMax gave me a price first time I phoned , knew the lingo had the answer to every question 660.00

agreed value so for 14 years if the boat disappears I get new boat price and they are who I went with

thanks everyone for the help

That price isn't too bad terry considering its brand new and you got full replacement value with no depreciation !!! That sounds pretty good to me I think you did well I called around to many as well and some company's were right out to lunch and some would not honour a replacement even for their higher premium ??? what the hell. It's all a scam for sure did you ask about any electronics or add ons usually they want to know and will raise your premium some will only cover the boat motor and trailer and not any items you install or put in your boat !!!! That's covered under your home policy !!!! It's ridiculous for sure !!!! Grrrr frustrating to say the least !!!!! How's the new boat running ?? Done the break-in yet???

Which broker quoted you for nautimax? Just curious as the quote seems a bit high, i guess it depends on your deductibles, and the value you listed for your boat.

Have you found the max speed? What prop are you using?

Edited by danbob

The 19P black max is pretty good. Stainless isn't worth it for the size of motor imo, The quicksilver nemesis (same as merc spitfire) is definitely worth a buy. Better hole shot and handling. Same top speed. Paid under 200. Figured id let you know incase you were looking at other props. This is with the 115 opti.