Momma deer is mad NF(Not for kids)

davey buoy

That dog almost died man... Read this. Although the only person to blame is the owner who think's it's ok to let his dog roam free. GOOD JOB IDIOT!!! Too bad the deer didn't attack him instead.

http://wildgunmen.com/blog/2010/06/29/a-deer-attacked-my-dog/

I think the man stayed well away by the sounds of it.

Never new they possessed that type of anger.People need to be aware there not just cute animals.

Just about any type of wild animal has the potential to bang you up pretty good if it feels threatened.

The baby deer is a cute little bugger isn't it

cute animals right !!!! try getting a full grown raccoon into a corner and see how cute they are !!! it will tear anything apart

Cornering is different,I'd come out swinging lol.But to go out of her way to protect the little one was shocking.I would of thought because of there size,she would protect herself and the little one where she stands?.She was really aggressive in my mind especially in a house/city type area.

From a legal standpoint the cat can roam around all it wants, the dog not so much. Too bad about the pup, that was a scary scene.

Not in my town Cat "must be leashed at all times" too bad the police can't enforce it...hate the cat crap in my gardens :angry:

Poor dog but yes no matter how well trained should be attended, I know I woulda took my dog inside til the dear had moved on.

Bizzar....

I've heard of it happening but its rare I would think.

Whats crazy is how that momma took and offensive to protect the fawn?

Whats bizzar is that dog is a lot bigger then your average hound dog yet beagles run deer all season with out issue?

I guess the Maternal instinct is to blame for this one.

Hope the pooch is ok...that poor dog didn't know what hit him.

The doe is OK with the cat but as soon as she sees the dog she freaks out. I've seen this video before and not suprised by the doe's reaction to a dog when she is with a fawn. The dog also seems pretty docile, good for being a pet but bad for life & death confrontations.

That was just a crazy video....that poor dog, not sure why it was roaming around free but wrong place at the wrong time, it seemed to be caught by surpise thats forsure. easily could have been stomped to death. As for that cat, well cats are crazy and that one was lucky it came out no worse for the wear.

From a legal standpoint the cat can roam around all it wants, the dog not so much. Too bad about the pup, that was a scary scene.

legal or not, it's not right to allow any pet to wander the neighborhood causing problems for others, especially when it comes to cats who get into garbage, crap in gardens, kill small animals for fun, and cause problems for other people. i'll never understand how anyone can let their cat roam free knowing full well that it's likely causing problems for something or someone else.

luckily, it's 100% legal to live trap cats and hand them over to the SPCA where the owner has the pleasure of paying $50+ to get their animal back :canadian:

legal or not, it's not right to allow any pet to wander the neighborhood causing problems for others, especially when it comes to cats who get into garbage, crap in gardens, kill small animals for fun, and cause problems for other people. i'll never understand how anyone can let their cat roam free knowing full well that it's likely causing problems for something or someone else.

luckily, it's 100% legal to live trap cats and hand them over to the SPCA where the owner has the pleasure of paying $50+ to get their animal back :canadian:

Trapping live cats, that's pretty hilarious, lol!!

its actually not legal in most areas to let your cat roam around outside...

I'd like to see the law that states outdoor cats are illegal. I'm just playing devils advocate btw :)

Edited by BillM

Poor dog got a good hoofing from that doe :w00t::wacko: hope he's fine... but that cat got lucky... guess that's why they have nine lives :w00t: The doe had a normal behaviour protecting her fawn... in the bush, deer don't see cats and dogs... more like wolves, bears and wild cats (lynx. etc...)

I think the doe and her fawn was in the wrong place to begin with and I don't blame her for reacting that way... just protecting her offspring.

Edited by TroutJunkie

Yeah, you can't let your cats roam free in this township. A lot of rural people I know fix them real quick too.

Dogs should be leashed too. I don't leash my dog on my property, and a lot of the time when we're walking, but I have his leash, and he will come to me when he's called. I'm pretty rural though. If I was in town he'd be leashed always. Its not him I worry about, its some other dumbass's dog that scares me!.......or. A doe with a fawn I guess lol

S.

Oh, BillM, check the township by laws regarding cats. You may be surprised. I just did a quick look for barrie, and its illegal to let cats run at large. Give it a read, some good things to know in there.

S.

My bad for making assumptions.. All my pets are indoors :)