I've been a good boy and stayed off OFNC thru the day...

...since I was such a good little boy :angel: I can have until October off if I take her with me! WOHOOOOOOO It's :Gonefishing: time!!!

fus1.jpg

fus2.jpg

fus3.jpg

Couple of customers float planes to get flown out of here thru the week and then off to the lake on Monday!

Can't wait to blast around the lake in my new toy.

have you ever counted how many rivets in one of those

Complete airplane of this type...18,500. This fuselage hull I think there's about 700 rivets left in the box that was 10,000

A set of floats like I did last winter 13,200 give or take a hundred or two.

Edited by irishfield

Love the pictures of the planes Wayne! Do you test fly them yourself or do you do the shells only and them ship them out? How many hours do you put into each one?

Don

All depends what the customer wants Don. This guy just wanted a jump start to get him done. He has his wings and tail feathers built and I did the bare fuselage hull. He can now finish the interior floor, install the controls and engine and go flying.

Others I have completely finished (about 1000 hours of work) and in that case yes I do the test flights. I will only test fly stuff I've installed the engine in.

Many others come in as wrecks and I rip them apart and make them better than new again.

Hey Wayne,

Have a great summer. Do you have internet access up there?

John

Nope..if I did I'd never get the place renovated!! :D

I'll be back on the 25th till about June 8th. Then gone for the summer/fall with the odd trip home to post my adventures!

Nope..if I did I'd never get the place renovated!! :D

I'll be back on the 25th till about June 8th. Then gone for the summer/fall with the odd trip home to post my adventures!

OK then, see you at Lakair.

John

Man Wayne, time flies huh? Glad to see you got her done, enjoy your time at the cottage and I look forward to seeing you again at Lakair, then Temagami in July/August. I'm counting on you to let me know where I can nail some of those elusive Temagami walleye.......so actually, your work hasnt even started yet! :thumbsup_anim:

Man Wayne, time flies huh? Glad to see you got her done, enjoy your time at the cottage and I look forward to seeing you again at Lakair, then Temagami in July/August. I'm counting on you to let me know where I can nail some of those elusive Temagami walleye.......so actually, your work hasnt even started yet! :thumbsup_anim:

Definitely Lakair Dan and you know where the first stop is that you're making, in that houseboat, in July! You could also call in your position reports and I'll come find you during the week as well !

That`s a lot of beer cans! Looks pretty for a plane!

It's pretty close Paul...most of the skins are only .020" and bulkheads are only .025". Amazing what you can do for strength with the right shape.

..and Thanks Dustin...you heading for Fushimi again?

Edited by irishfield

I still think you got to try and build me a boat. Something that will withstand the power of a 250 yammy and slick as a bass boat.

What ya think bud,can we do it :thumbsup_anim::dunno:

Don t need to answer right away,enjoy your vacation and take sometime to think about it. :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Safe summer to you and the family Wayne.

Edited by misfish