$10 smokes

mcdougy

I am in the process of quitting smoking!!! I have been 3.5 weeks without any, and have 7 weeks left on the champix. Here is my plan after that: Since the tasty export gold's were going down a pack a day that was basically $10 a day. I plan on taking a trip to the tackle shops once a day on the way home from work and buy me a 10$ lure every day for the first month at least. I think its a great plan to get the boys boxes filled up with dads lures. So im going to ask for opinions/suggestions on some must haves. The first targets are sm bass walleyes and pike. Thats 10 lures for each species at least. Help me out folks. :)

Matt

A white spinnerbait is a good choice for the SM bass and the pike. Get yourself some crankbaits for all 3 of those species. Live target, strike king, any of them are good. As mentioned, husky jerks are good too.

I never leave home without a spinner bait, and I catch all kinds of SM bass and pike. I'm not a great walleye fisherman so I'll leave that advice to someone else! lol

clakin raps....first the original shad colour...then white...then blue silver ...then perch..then green ...and you can use them in the fall too for salmon and bows if you take the boys for some late night pier chucking..

And casting in 5-15fow for walleye. Its a blast knocking these baits off bottom, especially with a boulder bottom! Could work for ice fishing too.

You'll have a nice collection of tackle for your boys at the end of this month.

Ive recently have moved off the big hard baits and now chuck soft plastics all day long. I'm able to catch multiple species with the mr.twisters (black with black head, black body with silver tail and black jig head, chartruse with chartruse head, worm brown with a black jig head) and have also gotten into 6" soft worms of all kinds of different varity. I've got me a pretty big collection as I'm sure most of the members do around here, but in the last 2 years I cant get away from the mr.twisers and soft worms. But if its something else your looking for Spinner Baits work great for pike and bass. I've had good luck with white skirts and also golden with black skirts. Rapala has some pretty good hard baits know as "X-raps" Ive had reall good luck with all sizes of those mainly in perch pattern and blue with white belly. Who knows though..in a another year I may go totally different and start using crank baits. For me its what produces most and for now its the softies. Good luck and post up with what you decide. Oh and good luck with the no smoking. Me next...I hope.

Edited by pidge

Personally, I think you should just throw that $10 in a cookie jar until you have enough for a vacation or something special.

However, I don't mind helping you spend your money on fishing lures either!

PIKE

Rapala Original Floating F18, J13
Rapala Husky Jerk HJ12, HJ14

Rapala X-Rap XR10, XR12

Rapala Super Shad Rap

Suick Thriller 9"

Drifter Believer 8"

Bomber Long A Salt

Len Thompson Five of Diamonds 1oz.

Eppinger Dardevle 1oz.

Johnson's Silver Minnow 1 1/4oz.

Yellowbird Doctor Spoon 5/8oz., 1 3/16oz.

Williams Wabler W70

Williams Whitefish C80

Mepps Syclops #3

Lucky Strike Red Flash 3.5"

Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap 1oz.

Mepps Aglia #5

Blue Fox Vibrax #5

Mepps Musky Killer

Heddon Zara Spook 4.5"

Northland Reed Runner Magnum

Lunker City Slug-Go

WALLEYE

Rapala Shad Rap SR05, SR07, SR09 and/or X-Rap Shad XRS06, XRS08

Berkley Flicker Shad 7cm, 9cm

Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR07, SSR09 and/or X-Rap Shad Shallow XRSH08

Rapala Minnow Rap MR11

Rapala Tail Dancer TD07, TD09

Storm Original Hot'N'Tot H, AH

Storm Original Thinfin TF06, TF08

Storm Original Thunderstick Jr. J

Reef Runner Little Ripper 500

Reef Runner Deep Little Ripper 600

Lucky Craft Pointer SP100

Smithwick Rattlin' Rogue 5.5"

That's enough for now I think ;P

I like my hooks n minnows...with a stop on the way for some Export golds... :tease:

But seriously, that's a great way to put things into perspective, and it seems like you have the right motivation to stick with it. :good:

Thanks, Its going to be difficult, cause I liked my smokes, But I will do it for the family and most of all my health. Hooks and minnows work awesome, but my little boys love looking at lures and such. i do like using lures to troll with myself.

Edited by mcdougy