Cork and Wood

Spiel

That top one looks like it was made just right,the way the lines flow out from the seat.So even.

I like the locking style rings.4 one down. Like you could use a key wrench to tighten them.

Nice work as always Chris.

Now stop it,You know I want one,but will have to wait.

Edited by Misfish

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated. :)

Paul, I believe Chris once said that it was big leaf maple dyed green.

I do use that Roy but not this time, it's blue dyed Box Elder Burl.

To note I can't take credit for any of the wood work this time, it was all done by my good friend John Collina.

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated. :)

I do use that Roy but not this time, it's blue dyed Box Elder Burl.

To note I can't take credit for any of the wood work this time, it was all done by my good friend John Collina.

You are too modest Spiel :) Paint is just paint, before you put it on canvas ;)
Edited by mercman

Hey Chris just wanted to thank you for fixing up my rod I shortened accidentally last fall. Great meeting you and spending an hour learning and seeing some of your craftsmanship. If anyone is wondering, those pictures don't do the rods justice. They're even more beautiful in person and feel amazing in your hand.

Thanks again!!

Dave

Jeeez nice talent, those look good Spiel. Pardon my ignorance, but do you sell these? I'm thinking of getting into some fly fishing this spring or summer, but the rod I got is a mighty old hand me down. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but thought I'd ask. I'm with Misfish, I like that black line in the grain on the top one. Nicely done once again.

Hey Chris just wanted to thank you for fixing up my rod I shortened accidentally last fall. Great meeting you and spending an hour learning and seeing some of your craftsmanship. If anyone is wondering, those pictures don't do the rods justice. They're even more beautiful in person and feel amazing in your hand.

Thanks again!!

Dave

You are very welcome Dave. It was nice to meet you and I'm happy I was able to fix you up.

You know where I'm at, don't be a stranger. ;)

Jeeez nice talent, those look good Spiel. Pardon my ignorance, but do you sell these? I'm thinking of getting into some fly fishing this spring or summer, but the rod I got is a mighty old hand me down. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but thought I'd ask. I'm with Misfish, I like that black line in the grain on the top one. Nicely done once again.

Yes Pidge, I do ( http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62475 ). Kind of a hobby gone out of control. :)

Amazing handles ! You turn a mean reel seat.

Thank you but as I've mentioned before all (well almost all) of my seats are turned by friend JC.