First laker,on a white tube

misfish

I was looking forward to fishing these last two days. Sunday was brutaly fridged,and only lasted about an hour out in the open. Sunday afternoon,Im reading about findings of dead fish on the bottom of lake Simcoe. White fish. White fish is the only fish I was looking forward to keeping for table fare,and got really turned off. Lakers are fun,but are not for me (too greasy/oily) I was pretty much decided I wasnt going to fish Monday. I had saltydawg asking to head out,but I was not going to commit, unless I was going for sure.

Sinclair tells me he,s coming up and asked where. I give him a couple of options,and he says I,ll see ya there. Well I wasnt sure,as I had a little party to go to,and wasnt sure I was going to be there,so it was,I,ll txt if Im up.

Turns out, the party was a dud,and I was home early to set out in the morning. Plan was to head out just south of BBP. As I,m heading out,I see a couple of buds parked at Timmies. Do a U turn for a quick coffee and a chat. Good thing, It turned out the shore line where we were to go out from,was broken up on Thursday and Friday. So quick call,and change of plans,to hook up. I even took a drive to see how bad it was. Yup,big hole only froze over for a couple of days,and there wasnt a car or truck to be seen.

001-20_zps44f12cab.jpg

While I was there,the sun was coming up perfectly,soooooooooo picture time.LOL

002-24_zps4a71315c.jpg

120 degree Panorama.

003-22_zpsef39aab6.jpg

Off to meet up with Adam and his buddy.

We meet up and they unload the bike and get their act together. Im all ready to go. Back pack and spud in hand,and say,see ya out there.

Even though it was -21,the long 4 mile walk out was so nice. Sun shinning on your back and face at times. Walking was great,once you got past all the ruts. I can only amagine what it was like out there last week. But today,it was all tighten up and good for walking,and the sleds and ATV guys were moving with no issues.

I stop about a mile out,spud a hole. 10" of good ice. That was a good work out. :canadian:

There was 40 fow under me,so jigged a williams half and half for about 20 minutes or so. Nada. Load up and off Im walking again. Reach about the 2 mile mark,and chip another hole. Buddy close by tells me there 93 fow. The same thing,jig for a half hour,and nada. Now Im thinking about this dead fish reports. :ninja: So give Adam a call,and find out where they are. Oh I see ya,I,ll be there soon.1/2 mile away. You guys and your transportation.LOL It,s ok,I like the walk.

I get to them and we sit and chat for a 1/2 hour,watching fish come up to look at our baits,but no takers. Move time.

Now this where I cant believe what Im seeing. Adams cell is not just a phone,but has Lake Simcoe depth chart. :w00t: but was :good: to see.AWESOME.

His budy talks about a break and points it out. They didnt know it,but I knew this break. Once we got there,well once they got there and buddy came back to get me,I knew where we were. I looked south,then north. Point to point. Yup,same line as it was last May. ;)

Drill some holes and start fishing. Right off the bat,theres fish down there. I switch up from the williams to a white tube. I have seen and heard how it seems to be the bait,so I gave it a go.

We had fish chasing,well Adam had fish chasing his bait up as far as 50 fow,then turn back down. For some reason,his graph wouldnt mark my tube. Im thinking it was do to the lead head was burried in the glow tube,

So this one time,Adam has a chaser that was belining his bait. Again,it turns and heads back down. I say to self,start reeling fast and see if it will attack. Welllllllllllll

Here ya go. :o

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0KjMsCj4lFQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

006-11_zps294d9630.jpg

Once this fish was landed,there didnt seem to be any others coming through. Adam and his buddy were making another move,but knowing I had a long walk back,and wouldnt dare ask for a ride back,as they came a ways to fish for the day,I thanked them for the morning and time together,and was on my way back for the 3 mile walk. Im loving the walking these days. :canadian:

007-8_zps26cecbb3.jpg

Nice to meet another member and get to know him. The best part about this is,you may think of them one way on the board,they way they come accross. But once you meet them in person,it,s a whole new ball game. Adam,yer one cool dude bye. Fish with you anytime. :good:

Next weekend is the Tyler event. Looking forward to that.

Edited by Misfish

So how long does it take to walk out that far?

I can do about 2 klicks without a break dragin my gear.

3-4 miles I dont think I would get off the couch the next day :rofl2:

Nice to see you cought somthing worthwile Im still sorting through the perch got a couple good ones though.

I went out today with the woman, walked out from beaverton about 3km into 25 FOW. Was hoping to get out a little further but the wife wasnt having it... Found a pretty good looking spot on my iphone navionics app. Which is the best bang for the buck fishing tool on the market by far!!! About 10 bucks. Popped a couple holes and dropped a macho minnow spoon with a minnow and hooked a cisco instantly... Such a beautiful fish! Within 2 hrs, we landed at least 30 JUMBO perch, about 10 cisco, and topped it off with a 12lb laker. Never expected to get such good results at that depth at such a wide range of variety. Awesome day out on Simcoe!

That's just a shizzle tonne of hiking aboot Bri. My Gawd, get Quad!!! lol.

Seriously though, it'll keep ya fit chasing lakers with that go' get 'em attitude. Solid fish for ya.

So it's Adam Sinclair is it... hmmmph! Dood still seems a little nuts to me, so I'm not convinced by your word. lol. Will have to meet the both of ya's someday to make a final decision on ya both. lol.

Well done Adam. It,s alot of fun watching them chase,but darn frustrating when the turn back down.

LOL Drew. Just a couple regular canadian rednecks.

Don,I dont drag anything. I just back pack. Makes for easy walking,and can get to where Im going alot faster. It took me about 50 minutes to walk back in. I was soak,from my neck to toes.LOL

Nice haul Angler.

Thanks all.

With all that walking, come spring you'll be a lean mean bush whacking Steelie machine !!! Nice laker!

IF I COULD JUST GIVE UP THE CIGS,I COULD BE LOOKING BACK TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE. :wallbash:

Im sure I,ll be bringing up the rear still , with ya Ryan.

Im missing the riv. Cant wait. :worthy: