Is it too soon?

kemper

Luc, you disapoint me :whistling::lol: I think there's a half million dollar two bedroom bungalow in Vaughn calling your name.

Buck up boys, lots of ice and time left. Use your imagination...and I'm not talking about switching from a white to a chartreuse spinnerbait.

Something about staring down a small hole in the ice doesn't do much for me.

That said, I'm going to entertain myself with some perch on Sunday and Simcoe lakers on monday

When I opened this thread a memory popped into my head of a day prefishing for a T with my late Dad. We were in an area that had big fish written all over it... I flipped in and I saw her turn on the jig. I would of shook her off but I knew my Dad would of loved to see a nice fish.

He took this pic with an old 35mm a few years ago...probably 12 or so now. Funny how I used to remember the day for the size of fish that were caught, now I could careless about that.

Scugog bog_zps1bfa46b7.jpg

Never to early to think BASS!

When I opened this thread a memory popped into my head of a day prefishing for a T with my late Dad. We were in an area that had big fish written all over it... I flipped in and I saw her turn on the jig. I would of shook her off but I knew my Dad would of loved to see a nice fish.

He took this pic with an old 35mm a few years ago...probably 12 or so now. Funny how I used to remember the day for the size of fish that were caught, now I could careless about that.

Scugog bog_zps1bfa46b7.jpg

Never to early to think BASS!

Great story!

Most of my best fishin' memories are with the old man as well. The bass in the picture I posted was taken on the last day of a very tough week.

On the water for 5 days in the worst weather imaginable, catching small bass here and there and freezing to the bone. The last day the weather finally broke, and that one took a white spinnerbait crashed into the shore in about 1FOW.

It was on my line, but I think my old man might have been more excited than I was...

It's been a little while since the end of last September when I was chasing largies, can't wait to get out on opener in June. Booked a cottage for a solid week starting on opening day should be a blast. Always look forward to the annual August camping trip, were doing a 2 week trip this summer. Hope to catch a few monsters this summer!

DSCF3305.jpg

And Another

ScreenHunter_19May091624.jpg

120 days left :whistling:

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

sweet ,do you think I'll need a kicker or should I be able to troll with it as long as its not regularly and for too long?

Don't worry about trolling too long with the 4 stroke, you'll be able to go all day and when you hit the throttle it'll be instant response, unlike a 2 stroke that can bog down after awhile.

I don't know what trolling speeds you'll be looking for but if you want to slow way down you can always drag a drift sock or something similar. Mine would get down to around 2 1/2 MPH but that was about it.

sweet ,do you think I'll need a kicker or should I be able to troll with it as long as its not regularly and for too long? Can't wait to hit some bigger lakes been confined to the smaller stuff with my old rig for wayyyyyyy to long.

You will always benefit from a kicker motor...

- auxiliary power source.

- more precise low speed control.

- reduces wear/maintenance on your main motor.

Your main motor being a four stroke should have no issue with extended periods of idling/trolling but may suffer a little in the speed control department.

I am going trophy hunting on Quinte this weekend, and after walleye closes on Quinte I'll be counting down the days until bass opener. I got these on my last 3 days of bass fishing last year, 2 in 1 day. We'll be on this lake for a week starting on opener.

Sept. 3rd 5lbs 4oz

7978501400_4fab23247f_c.jpg

Sept. 3rd 5lbs 2oz

7978502306_7fdec43b3d_c.jpg

Sept. 5th 5lbs 10oz

7978504400_f9dd5cdf6d_c.jpg