Season Opening Report - Lots of pics!

Well, my 5 year old has been begging us to take her fishing, but we had to wait until some of the smaller zone 6 lakes opened up. So...finally....today we headed up to do a little fishing! She was so excited that while bly and I were getting things ready, she had to play with the worms on the front porch....

Sydworms.jpg

My daughter informed me on the way up that we were going to have a fish catching contest...so I said "You're on!!!".

She was off to a fast start....reeling in her first fish about 2 minutes after her line was in the water. Here's her first of 2007...a respectable rock bass!

sydfirstfish.jpg

She then proceeded to catch a few small perch. She was up 3 to 0 and the day wasn't even a half hour old yet! Here she is releasing one of her perch....

sydrelease.jpg

I finally got on the board with this huge monster!!! I could sense a comeback....

dadperch.jpg

A little while later, I put my rod down and she proceeded to walk over to it and say, "here daddy, I'll show you how to catch big ones". It was very cute...then suddenly, my float goes down and she pulled this in on my rod.

syddad.jpg

My little girl then caught the biggest fish of the day...this nice bluegill.

sydbluegill.jpg

So by the end of a few hours, we packed it in....with her beating me 7 fish to my 4....AND she caught the biggest fish too. I cant beat the women in my family...whether it's bly or my daughters. Oh well....I gotta get used to that. She ended up catching 2 rock bass, 4 perch, 1 bluegill and 1 chubb. I had 1 rock bass and 3 perch.

She still didn't want to go home, so we took a detour and fed some animals and went on a little nature walk..

Sydanimals.jpg

The Trilliums were in bloom all over the area, and I spotted a few red ones...I had to take a pic. I've seen the white ones everywhere, but couldn't ever remember these ones...

redtrillium.jpg

One last pic...me and my little one fishing at the docks....

dadsyddock.jpg

Edited by ccmtcanada

Great pics...Looks like you two had a wicked time together

Next thing you know, she'll want a centrepin reel for those future steelheading trips or a new Sage fly rod for some small creek trout fishin' with dad.

Do y'all do anything but fish??Between the carp,the steel and the panfish how did ya find time for kids??Good stuff bud,she will remember this when she is old.My 25 yr old daughter still remembers our trips out for catfish in my old jeep.

Joe

Do y'all do anything but fish??Between the carp,the steel and the panfish how did ya find time for kids??Good stuff bud,she will remember this when she is old.My 25 yr old daughter still remembers our trips out for catfish in my old jeep.

Joe

LOL...we find time with the kids by taking them fishing. We're pretty lucky that both our daughter's love to fish...so a weekend at the lake is always popular around our house. I'm hoping she remembers these days like your daughter does....and the fond memories I have sitting on a dock with my dad all those years ago.

Thats very nice when you can have a great day fishing with your daughter :angel::D cliff,i will be doing the same very soon,looks like she had alot of fun and she was a happy little fishergirl...gotta love those precious moments,with your kids...and hey she got to out-fish her dad as well....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Great pics and something those little ones never forget either. I don't know about any of you...but I thank my Dad and Grandpa all the time for starting me fishing...it kept me out of trouble in my teen years. It also something that serves me well today...and hopefully my little ones too!!!!!

Great pics and something those little ones never forget either. I don't know about any of you...but I thank my Dad and Grandpa all the time for starting me fishing...it kept me out of trouble in my teen years. It also something that serves me well today...and hopefully my little ones too!!!!!

I still remember the days sitting with my dad on the dock up at the cottage. There was no better feeling than to catch small panfish...and have his company at the same time. I'm trying to give my kids the same kind of memories...the kind you cant help but smile at when you think back.

Thanks to everyone else who has posted on this thread too! She had a blast out there and already wants to know when she can go again.

Here's a pic of my dad with me and my two brothers....I'm the one on the far right...LOL.

med_gallery_60_23_3694.jpg