Its back!!! - nf

jedimaster

Broke my jaw when I was a kid.

Didn't have to have it wired shut either.

Broke one tooth which needed a cap so not nearly as bad as spitting chicklets all over the ice. :o

Was out and being a kid again in two or 3 weeks. ;)

Played goal before masks were mandatory. Used to think Plante was a pussy for wearing a mask.

Got me a concussion and a few stitches for my efforts. Butt end of a stick in the teeth. You shook it off and were back on the ice next week, albeit the parents made sure I had a mask after those mishaps.

A broken jaw is going to take more than a week to get over, even if it wasn't wired

Edited by bigugli

I haven't seen that report yet, I heard that Nonis was given permission to talk to him, but I also recall Kipper saying he won't report to any team if traded.

Jagr to the Bruins is an interesting move though.

What about Kiprosoff?,I heard he is now a leaf!,38 years old?,what do you guys think!!

I haven't seen that report yet, I heard that Nonis was given permission to talk to him, but I also recall Kipper saying he won't report to any team if traded.

Jagr to the Bruins is an interesting move though.

Heard that two times this morning,I guess we'll hear for sure very soon.

yep, I am all for getting a veteran goalie for the play-offs as long as we don't need to give much up. If we could get someone vet number 2 in exchange for one of our's plus say bozak or grabovski. I would be in for that, LA and Vancouver both have excellent number 2's better than either of ours.

Toronto won't get a goalie... they'll get chewed up too bad when they get booted out the first round, are minus a first round pick only to have a goalie with a meaningless contract. They have to have confidence in their guys right now and re-tune next year. They look much better now then they have for years....don't mess it up and lose a high pick.

Go Jets!

Yeah, if I was an owner I would want my players wearing masks. I what other occupation is proper safety equipment and option?

Guess you missed my point. It was meant ,what a puck can do.

As for Kip. NO NO NO

Edited by Misfish

KIpper to Toronto is bad news..The dude has a worse record then Reimer this year..Ill be pissed if this happens..I wouldnt give up a bag of pucks for the guy

I'm not overly excited either. 38 years of age,how much more coud he possibly have.?

If you don't have to give up anything for him, its a good move imo. He has playoff experience and will add some safety if one of the current guys goes down or goes cold. Even if he just sits in the locker room its a worthwhile move. Of course it depends on what they give up for him. He has been battling a nagging knee injury all season, has had good stats for his entire NHL career outside of this one. I am not saying he is a savior but he is a good goalie. Something happened this year in Calgary. Enough for one of the best in the league want to GTFO asap. He doesn't have much left in the tank, maybe a year or two more.

Kiprusoff is an All-World goalie. Hes won playoff rounds all by himself and IMO should be wearing a SC ring. His stats this year dont reflect the kind of netminder he is. Btw, hes 36 and has one more year on his contract. Word is it would take a 3rd. All this is moot if, like many said, he doesnt report to the team hes traded to.

Nonis made a deal. :D

Another tough D-Man for a 4th round pick.

Good trade in my opinion!! :good: :good:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=663916

Dave Nonis, Senior Vice-President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced Wednesday that the hockey club has acquired defenceman Ryan O’Byrne from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for a fourth round draft pick in the 2014 Entry Draft.

O’Byrne, a 6-5, 234-pound defenceman, played 34 games for Colorado this season registering one goal, three assists and 54 penalty minutes. He ranks second on the Avalanche in hits (76), third in penalty minutes and fourth in blocked shots (49). Last season he played in a career-high 74 games and led Colorado in blocked shots (141) and finished second in hits (180).

The 28-year-old native of Victoria, British Columbia has played in 300 career NHL games with Colorado and Montreal collecting 37 points (4 goals, 33 assists) and 363 penalty minutes. He has also played in 19 career NHL playoff games. In 2007, he won a Calder Cup championship with the American Hockey League’s Hamilton Bulldogs.

O’Byrne was originally Montreal’s fourth choice, selected 79th overall in the 2003 Entry Draft.