Northern in late august

chrismo

hi,

i'm coming up to canada at the end of august 2013 and i have it narrowed down to lake of the woods or lac seul. it is a northern pike trip. do you think LOTW will hold it's own against lac seul? i'm trying to save some time and money by staying closer to the border but i don't want to give up good fishing somewhere else just because of that. i'm wanting bigger pike over quantity.

Thanks for any suggestions that you might have.

I just wanted to follow up and say this is my first time for posting, I'm not sure of the procedure or protocall, I was just hoping to figure out where me and my wife could go in august, I haven't been to canada in a long time and there are so many options and places to go its very hard to find information on northern pike lakes from people that have been to them so I thought that i would try one of these chat rooms.

i'm not trying to ask for specific areas on a lake just some suggestions on maybe some places to go.

thank you,

chris

Edited by chrismo

• 2 weeks later...

whopper, thanks for trying to get me some help with some answers here. pretty brutal website, you'd think i was asking to borrow

money or something from these pretty useless members. waste of time trying to get any help here. having said that, i bet i'll get

some unintelligent replies now

whopper, thanks for trying to get me some help with some answers here. pretty brutal website, you'd think i was asking to borrow

money or something from these pretty useless members. waste of time trying to get any help here. having said that, i bet i'll get

Uh huh...

fishing-boat-trolling.jpg

Id bet your right.

I worked a summer on lake of the woods, but from what ive seen, if were in your shoes id go to lac seul.. but like everyone as they are both good choices fr large pike and like a muskie at the same time.

Maybe pony up and get Ben to guide you.. http://ontariofishingnetwork.com/2012/lac-seul-fall-muskie-trip-fishing-with-ben-beattie/

Sorry we coulnd't be of more help.

Are you staying at a lodge or will you be camping??

I never saw this post before. Not your fault, but this was posted during some pretty big changes on this board so the traffic may not have been what it normally is. Those two lakes are also almost 2000kms from most of us so there may not be a ton of first hand experience.

I'm a useless member so I won't waste anymore of your precious time, good luck on the other fishing message boards, bye

Pretty venomous reply Charlie. You perhaps should have thought things through a bit before you hit the post button.

I'm not really familiar with either LOTW or Lac Seul which is why I didn't respond. My guess is most members that are active on this board aren't either beyond a very select few.

Shoot Ben Beattie a pm and maybe he'll help you out.

Cheers

Edited by Mike Borger

Guys cut the guy a little slack, he just a regular Joe looking for some adviice and got a little frustrated.

I know from first hand experience joining this board over ten years ago it can be a little intimidating at first, but after paying some dues I made some really good friends and made some pretty awesome trips along the way

He edited his first post at my suggestion and thought that may help with a little introduction.

Mike I was kind of surprised at his last post but you touched on a point that I hadn't mention to him, most of the members here don't know or have never been to the northwest area of Ontario.

Bottom line the guy wants to visit Canada and is looking for options.

I thought the troll deal was a little over the top...but that's just me

Cheers

Edited by Whopper

The only advice I would give is....... Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

I cant believe this impatient, rude and uneducated response got you help from anyone here. Hope your boat doesn't sink.

Guys cut the guy a little slack, he just a regular Joe looking for some adviice and got a little frustrated.

Maybe so but that post was inexcusable.

In any case if I wanted that specific question answered I wouldn't have asked it here, because as mentioned previously most people on this board simply aren't capable of answering. Not because they're not willing to help!

You'd best be served asking your question on the Canada board at Walleye Central.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

The membership there are intimately familiar with both LOTW and Lac Seul and I'm positive will be able to help.