Here we go again

misfish

Ok, I dont want to hear the same old crap,get a three year and be done with it. :sleeping_02:

Went to CTC to renew and I am told,,,,

No new lic til Jan,2nd.

Try my other spot,told the same. :dunno:

Ok here we go again. If you want us to abid by the rules,then please let us.Whats with this after the new year buying crap? I want to fish new years day (and I will be non the less)

Here we go again.

I have a fishing outdoors card and license.

Here's a wrinkle I can't seem to get past.

I'm actually supposed to have a small game license, for the season, but can't get one because it's not a hunting card.

I said, give me a hunting card. Apparently it can't be done, according to the individual at counter, because I already have a fishing outdoors card.

I'll have to look into this further, but for now, my dog is still running anyway. It's ok, when rabbits are out of season, I'm covered by a special training permit.

Has anyone had this scenario before?

I have a fishing outdoors card and license.

Here's a wrinkle I can't seem to get past.

I'm actually supposed to have a small game license, for the season, but can't get one because it's not a hunting card.

I said, give me a hunting card. Apparently it can't be done, according to the individual at counter, because I already have a fishing outdoors card.

I'll have to look into this further, but for now, my dog is still running anyway. It's ok, when rabbits are out of season, I'm covered by a special training permit.

Has anyone had this scenario before?

You need to go to a ServiceOntario office. I had no issues getting a combo card when I completed my hunting/PAL course. Kept my fishing card until I got my combo in the mail, zero issues.

You guys seem to be overlooking the point that access to renew is not available equally to everyone if retailers cant issue 2013 prior to jan.1 but its available online. The fact is not everyone has or can access the net to purchase. Would it be ok if you couldnt renew your drivers lic. on time unless done on the net? Fishing like driving requires a lic. and you face penalties for not complying.

You guys seem to be overlooking the point that access to renew is not available equally to everyone if retailers cant issue 2013 prior to jan.1 but its available online. The fact is not everyone has or can access the net to purchase. Would it be ok if you couldnt renew your drivers lic. on time unless done on the net? Fishing like driving requires a lic. and you face penalties for not complying.

I think there's a little wee bit of difference, MTO sends you a renewal form about 3 months prior to the expiry of your

DL. Matter of fact, last time MNR sent me a renewal form also. Don't procrastinate.

I think there's a little wee bit of difference, MTO sends you a renewal form about 3 months prior to the expiry of your

DL. Matter of fact, last time MNR sent me a renewal form also. Don't procrastinate.

Difference? How would getting a renewal 3 months early help if as in my analogy you couldn't renew until after it expired unless you did it online? Btw the Mr only sends out renewal apps for expired cards not yearly tags so based on the original poster if you wanna fish Jan.1 2013 you either renew online or fish illegally . It has nothing to do with procrastinating if you can't buy it.

To me, driving is more of a necessity (and privilege) than a fishing license. Yes both are required to be valid else you could find some trouble.

I'll always choose online renewal over going to a "retailer" to renew my fishing license.

Am I overlooking a problem? Not in my case since I prefer online or go in to Service Ontario during business hours.

If you don't have a valid license for 2013, you don't fish until you do.

Heads up (new to me), you can't just go to any Service Ontario, to get a Hunting Card.

I finally took the time to find out why I couldn't get a small game license.

Turns out, there are only certain offices allowed to deal with Hunting Cards.

I show up at one of them, after a 1/2 hour drive.

Guess what, I still don't have a Hunting Card, or Small Game License.

Turns out, I need a PAL to get one. Well, that ain't happening.

I enquired how I could legally have my dog get it, no real answer.

Apparently, since I'm not carrying a firearm (etc.), it's ok if the dog brings a bunny to me. Go figure.

I can and do get, a training permit for "off season", so I can't be charged with "Harassing Wildlife".

Turns out, once again, I don't fit into the slots that the " powers that be ", provide. Hahaha

Well, there's some dollars I was willing to give them, but they won't even take them. Hehehe

Edited by nofish4me

Heads up (new to me), you can't just go to any Service Ontario, to get a Hunting Card.

I finally took the time to find out why I couldn't get a small game license.

Turns out, there are only certain offices allowed to deal with Hunting Cards.

I show up at one of them, after a 1/2 hour drive.

Guess what, I still don't have a Hunting Card, or Small Game License.

Turns out, I need a PAL to get one. Well, that ain't happening.

I enquired how I could legally have my dog get it, no real answer.

Apparently, since I'm not carrying a firearm (etc.), it's ok if the dog brings a bunny to me. Go figure.

I can and do get, a training permit for "off season", so I can't be charged with "Harassing Wildlife".

Turns out, once again, I don't fit into the slots that the " powers that be ", provide. Hahaha

Well, there's some dollars I was willing to give them, but they won't even take them. Hehehe

I didn't realize you didn't have your PAL.. There's no way they'd issue you a hunting license without one.

Sure there is I don't have a pal but I do have I valid hunting license, and got a deer and group moose tag issued this year. I can hunt with a friends gun but cannot buy ammo or a gun of my own, I don't feel the need to jump through the hoops for the three or four days a year I do get out.

Edited by lickmyarmpit

Sure there is I don't have a pal but I do have I valid hunting license, and got a deer and group moose tag issued this year. I can hunt with a friends gun but cannot buy ammo or a gun of my own, I don't feel the need to jump through the hoops for the three or four days a year I do get out.

You've gotta be right besides you're buddy if you'll be using his gun without having a valid PAL of your own. So he'll need to be attached to your hip. If he isn't, what you're doing isn't legal.