I cant take it anymore

I just bought all this fancy gear to go ice fishing and it doesnt look like Lake Simcoe is even close to freezing over. I keep trying to get my fix by looking through my fishing album and holding my christmas presents (by the way most are fishing stuff except socks), but I just cant seem to get through the day. I wonder if Sobeys would get upset if I practice using my new ice fishing rod in there fish tank?

I just bought all this fancy gear to go ice fishing and it doesnt look like Lake Simcoe is even close to freezing over. I keep trying to get my fix by looking through my fishing album and holding my christmas presents (by the way most are fishing stuff except socks), but I just cant seem to get through the day. I wonder if Sobeys would get upset if I practice using my new ice fishing rod in there fish tank?

You may just be the only one!:whistling:,maybe?.

Yep...plenty of ice if you are willing to drive. Made it from Brampton to North Bay in 3.5 hrs with a stop for gas and no excessive speeding...and that was over a week ago. Smaller lakes in Muskoka icing up too....heck I know a guy who was on Rice. Simcoe isn't your only option ;)

Thanks for the info guys. So what would be the best lake right now to go to? If im going to head up I want to make sure I can see people ice fishing cause im not taking any chances right now going out alone. Im still new. If so where also would be the best place to park?

Lots of small lakes in Haliburton are froze and guys are fishing but only walking out and I guess there's some guys fishing the lower end of pigeon lake too but if you don't know the areas you want to go better be safe and wait a week things are getting better lots of cold temps and my lake which is sturgeon lake I making ice big time !!!!! Cheers

Thanks for the info guys. So what would be the best lake right now to go to? If im going to head up I want to make sure I can see people ice fishing cause im not taking any chances right now going out alone. Im still new. If so where also would be the best place to park?

Pick up a map and maybe a stocking list. Small lakes will be more than safe.

I was looking into Scugog but it looks iffy. I'm trying to figure out how far North I have to go to be safe. Would be nice to make a trip this saturday around 2 hours.

I wanna go badly too. Maybe Monday or Tuesday. I am cautious though. Would love to hear about a small lake with crappies or lakers that I could fish.

PM me if you can help me out. Thanks. I know it is not cool to ask for secret spots. I would gladly trade musky info for a great laker or crappie spot:)

Landry

I'd be very surprised if Vernon has any safe ice. Fair bit of current in there. No clue on the other 2 lakes you named....but for sure there will be some small lakes with ice if you do a bit of driving around. Or check in at a bait shop....