Quinte in Febuary

Muskieman

Eh!

I'm gonna attempt to plan a Quinte trip this upcoming February ,I'll have a few days off (mid week) during the second week... I'll be staying in Oshawa ..

questions... What's the drive from Osahwa like in the AM?

Where should I start from, where do I park?

I walk out I guess?

Do I look for people with floater suits and sleighs?

Go punch a hole 50'away or so to be respectful?

Thanks Gang.

Randy

:canadian:

Eh!

I'm gonna attempt to plan a Quinte trip this upcoming February ,I'll have a few days off (mid week) during the second week... I'll be staying in Oshawa ..

questions... What's the drive from Osahwa like in the AM?

Where should I start from, where do I park?

I walk out I guess?

Thanks Gang.

Randy

That's the worst drive I've ever been on...

That's the worst drive I've ever been on...

I live in Oshawa and seriously have no clue what your talking about??? Heading east of Oshawa in the morning is a piece of cake. Virtually no traffic at all. Now heading west towards Toronto...that's another story all together. Did it for 2 years and don't miss it one bit.

The drive east out of Oshawa is light traffic, traveling fast. Your only worry is getting caught speeding.

1.5h will get you to the water in Belleville. Did you have a specific area of Quinte you were thinking of, or do you need some suggestions?

Some areas have moving water and dicey ice conditions are common. How far do you want to travel?

Edited by whiskywizard

Eh!

I walk out I guess?

Thanks Gang.

Randy

You already know the secret Randy, I hope you hit the day their hitting, not like it says in my signature. Heavey jigging spoon and minnow, Mr Champ was a goto lure. And if you don't have any luck, your in good company Gerritt :good:

I've heard the drive from the GTA to Quinte described as being up hill both directions!

Randy, some of us have been talking to Gerritt about an ice GTG based around his place in Brighton. Perhaps we could coordinate a GTG based around your availability... just make sure that you drill atleast 100 yds away from the rest of the group... I've read your reports detailing some of your past "difficulties" and I for one, would rather be part of the audience, then a particapant! LOL

HH

Heavy jigging spoon and minnow, Mr Champ was a go to lure. :good:

Did that drive a lot back in the 90's when gas was about 42 cents a litre. :whistling:

Took about an hour Oshawa to Belleville.

Found that Mr.Champ,Swedish Pimple, etc... needed to be tipped with emerald shiner hooked through back of head to stay on.

Rip jig up, let it it flutter to bottom. Pause a bit then repeat.

Pt. Anne, Massasauga Pt. were good spots around Belleville. Mid to late February was a peak time to be out there.

You have a good chance at a 10 lb+ walleye there more than any place.

Good Luck