A few small pike...but good to get on the ice.

limeyangler

Hi all,

howdy from the the tropical wilderness of NW Ontario. Well.....not quite tropical....but definitely warmer and less snowy than is normal for this time of year.

Anyway....got onto the ice for an hour and a bit this afternoon, a good 8" of ice on the small lake i went to, lots of little pike but no walleye. Certainly beats thinking about how i cant ride my new snowmobile!

The ice was BOOOMING today....watched as cracks appeared right under my feet....scary as hell....but fun too.

So...ice season is on from here on out....temps look set to resume normal service from now on....still not much snow in the forecast....but there should be enough on the lakes for slider and cooling purposes by this time next week.

WAS GREAT TO GET BACK ON THE ICE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sX_ThpY-xjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

You had a better day than I did in Dryden Simon. Went to fix the boiler venting at the new school and was told by Mr. maintenance manager that if I didn't have a gas fitters ticket, I couldn't touch it. Apparently he has one. So I said see ya. Told him that you could get a gas fitters ticket in a Cracker Jack box. Started packing my tools and then he begged me to do the fix. Bottom line, I tightened a few hose clamps and all is good now.

Oh. And congrats on the Pike. Did you get the maps installed?

Damn.. that gave me the shivers just reading the subject title!! :lol:

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Can't wait ... + 6 here today , all ice is gone ... Dang :(

I know...the weather is nuts this year :dunno:

You had a better day than I did in Dryden Simon. Went to fix the boiler venting at the new school and was told by Mr. maintenance manager that if I didn't have a gas fitters ticket, I couldn't touch it. Apparently he has one. So I said see ya. Told him that you could get a gas fitters ticket in a Cracker Jack box. Started packing my tools and then he begged me to do the fix. Bottom line, I tightened a few hose clamps and all is good now.

Oh. And congrats on the Pike. Did you get the maps installed?

There is always one! Should have told him you were going fishing when he begged you to stay!

Have not got the unit back from my bud yet....will do some time soon...just been hyper busy with the wife's new non existent schedule...she works when she works and we all have to adapt around it...oh well...at least we have jobs....lol!

Sweet dood! This gets me amped!!!

YEAH! A buddy of mine mentioned Sawbill for crappie....we are gonna have to meet up in the next couple of weeks me thinks.

Nice! cant want to try ice fishing this winter.

Cant wait to see your reports.....your gonna love it. (PS....get a 'graph' type fishfinder for the ice :thumbsup_anim: )

Simon,you mentioned the ice was "booming" in your post.

I spend the winters about 200yds from Eagle Lk (just across the road),was out for a smoke :blush: on the deck last night & the ice was screaming,the forcast looks good for making some decent ice.

Simon,you mentioned the ice was "booming" in your post.

I spend the winters about 200yds from Eagle Lk (just across the road),was out for a smoke :blush: on the deck last night & the ice was screaming,the forcast looks good for making some decent ice.

It was kinda cool listening to the Goon here last night too. In bed listening to the ice boom in the dark is awesome.....I LOVE LIVING HERE!

Nice Simon. That new ride sounds soooooooooooooo sweet.

Cant wait to hit the hard water as well. Looking at some smaller lakes this year. Simcoe aint going to freeze.LOL

Dave,I thought you were a hard core guy :whistling::rofl2::lol:

Edited by Misfish

Nice Simon. That new ride sounds soooooooooooooo sweet.

Cant wait to hit the hard water as well. Looking at some smaller lakes this year. Simcoe aint going to freeze.LOL

Dave,I thought you were a hard core guy :whistling::rofl2::lol:

Well I would be out today but I have to wash my socks. :whistling: