Ice Fishing G2G

hockeyplayerz_14

Hey everyone, as far as i know we do an ice fishing get together. This year i will be there as long as i convince my mom. This year i was wondering if we can dedicate this one to my dad. as most of you know a week after the 2012 gtg he passed away doing what he loved to do, snowmobiling. I hope this can work out and i know for sure he will be there like he was on my birthday as i was fishing the BPS open on lake simcoe and won big fish "lunker pool". The best gift a kid can ask for. I know its a couple months away but i just didn't want to mention it last minute. What do you guys think? any lake suggestions?

Are you looking at just getting out with OFC members and having a day on the ice in memory/celebrate, your father,or a fund raiser? If you want just a good day,no matter the catch and a good time,I would say little lake. No matter where,I will be there.

The only reason other than fish,Cooks Bay freezes usually before new years and stays solid and safe in most cases easily till March.

Easily accessible. Wherever you choose hopefully there will be a good turnout.

If your looking for Whities a different location may be needed.

Edited by davey buoy

Alex, I would love to try Cooks Bay for some jumbos.

I extended this offer to you before, if you ever want to come back up here and fish Nipissing I will set you up in the ice shack or in our spare room and make sure you get on/off the ice safely.

Edited by Nipfisher

Are you looking at just getting out with OFC members and having a day on the ice in memory/celebrate, your father,or a fund raiser?

You do need to figure that out too.

Pick some locations you have in mind then post a poll. As for the date, work that out with your Mom and stick to it! The more you try and move it to help out others the harder it get's for you to do.

Good luck and if I can make it I'll be there too. :Gonefishing:

Edited by GBW

I would also like to add to his request.

I see no reason why the fund raiser could not be changed.

After all,the Tyler event came from a GTG Speil started,then I took over. It would be nice to share the wealth.IMO.

Im sure the same turn out would be the same,and the same gathering would show,with the same excitement.

Alex,I use to do one after the close of Lakers and whities out from Hooters for pike/perch. If you just want a GTG,that might be an option. The last few years,the ice has sucked.Hard to get on.

Maybe we can talk later about it. Lots of time. I would be more then willing to help you out.

Alex,I use to do one after the close of Lakers and whities out from Hooters for pike/perch. If you just want a GTG,that might be an option. The last few years,the ice has sucked.Hard to get on.

Maybe we can talk later about it. Lots of time. I would be more then willing to help you out.

You should throw it again this year Brian.

Pike in the morning. Hooters for beer (and scenery) in the aft.!

I think Alex is of age.. If not, he sure looks the part :whistling: