Ready! Anybody else?

Rod Caster

Last winter I stumbled upon a deadly jigging technique for lakers and I'm ready to unleash it ASAP!

It involves jumping as high as you can while you make a big upward sweep of the rod (the longer the better). I don't think I actually caught a fish with that technique, but it quickly scared off all the people that tried to park themselves right next to me :D

Kempenfelt Bay was crazy last year, I don't want a repeat of that zoo ever again.

Last winter I stumbled upon a deadly jigging technique for lakers and I'm ready to unleash it ASAP!

It involves jumping as high as you can while you make a big upward sweep of the rod (the longer the better). I don't think I actually caught a fish with that technique, but it quickly scared off all the people that tried to park themselves right next to me :D

i would realy be intrested in learning how that technique works?

Crowding isnt a problem for me..

Guys were getting greased out on what little ice there was last year on Simcoe.. Complete madness.

Indeed.

You know it’s bad when you can see the other angler’s lure on your sonar :(

If this year is the same as last, I may invest in a bunch of wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men to surround myself with and make the appearance that I’ve already been greased out :D

Guys were getting greased out on what little ice there was last year on Simcoe.. Complete madness.

:rofl2:

Like i said most of us southern Ontario boys have been ready to go since last March...

That ice flow rescue thing last year was a good one :rofl2:dunno: :tease:

New 2 man Clam Nanook that doesn't fit in the car

New Marcum ice flasher that I don't know how to use

New st.Croix ML legend with a 750 Rapala R-Type (new because the ex finally gave it back to me)

To be picked up Buddy heater

To be picked up Ugly Stick with....... some sort of reeling device attached to it for lake trout.

Not sure if this means I'm ready or just delusional.

The full arm jig is what I use for walleye on Nip as well. It's a great feeling when you go to sweep upwards and the rod loads right up!

New 2 man Clam Nanook that doesn't fit in the car

New Marcum ice flasher that I don't know how to use

New st.Croix ML legend with a 750 Rapala R-Type (new because the ex finally gave it back to me)

To be picked up Buddy heater

To be picked up Ugly Stick with....... some sort of reeling device attached to it for lake trout.

Not sure if this means I'm ready or just delusional.

rofl2.gif to the shelter that doesn't fit in car.

I'm looking at my packed up Eskimo in the sleigh and wondering where the hell I'm gonna put it inside the condo in the winter.blink.gif

Awesome post!

Those boots look really good.

We got snow last night....same night the lake locked up :(:angry::mellow:

Oh well.....looking forward to your reports Chad.

It might be a slushy start for you then. dry.gif

NBay: -10 last night with fair winds and no snow, -8 right now with no snow thumbsup_anim.gif

Boots are Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac Boots....they are actually on sale right now. I've had them for over 4 years and would recommend them for any outdoor activity where you stand in one location for any period of time. Walking....not as good.

NBay: -10 last night with fair winds and no snow, -8 right now with no snow thumbsup_anim.gif

Boots are Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac Boots....they are actually on sale right now. I've had them for over 4 years and would recommend them for any outdoor activity where you stand in one location for any period of time. Walking....not as good.

Wow...youguys are getting more winter than us. Yup...slushy start for sure...only hope is that not much snow interest long term forecast here...but we all know how reliable the longterm forecast is :wallbash:

We might check some smaller walleye or brookie lakes next weekend.....where and what you starting with?

As for boots.....I have a 3 year old pair of Sorels...never had cold feet...like yours awkward to walk in...but standing by your line for a few hours andthey are wicked warm.

There is a silver lining in getting some snow here.....I get my new snowmachines on Thursday....Test ride Friday on the lawn!

Wow...youguys are getting more winter than us. Yup...slushy start for sure...only hope is that not much snow interest long term forecast here...but we all know how reliable the longterm forecast is :wallbash:

We might check some smaller walleye or brookie lakes next weekend.....where and what you starting with?

As for boots.....I have a 3 year old pair of Sorels...never had cold feet...like yours awkward to walk in...but standing by your line for a few hours andthey are wicked warm.

There is a silver lining in getting some snow here.....I get my new snowmachines on Thursday....Test ride Friday on the lawn!

rofl2.gif to the shelter that doesn't fit in car.

I'm looking at my packed up Eskimo in the sleigh and wondering where the hell I'm gonna put it inside the condo in the winter.blink.gif

My 2 man sits in the minivan once ice season starts. At that moment the vehicle becomes a 2 seater til I put the hut back on storage,

I'm nowhere near ready for ice fishing.

I am working on making a second rig so that I will have two rods and two stationary rigs - enough for two people, so I can go with a friend or family member who doesn't have their own gear but would like to fish with me. The second stationary rig will come in handy on the colder days when I get too lazy to jig.

My rig is not really a traditional tip-up. Or maybe it is - I don't know much about ice fishing gear, really. But I love it. It's a hockey stick, a tip end from a 2-piece fishing rod, and an HT electronic spool/reel that beeps and flashes an LED when line is taken out, so you know if you get a bite without having to keep your eye on it every second. It worked very well for brookies last season.

My gear is pretty much ready. I'm not sure how much I'll be out this year though. I thought I would be out all the time, but now, I still care about fishing, but I don't want to miss anything with my son. I will definitely hit the ice a few times. Gotta get me some trout. :) Hmm, if I bundle him up warm and take him, can I put four lines in? :P

All my gear is up at the cottage.

Ice hut construction has begun.

Sled fired up.

Need to find a replacement charging cable for the x67c - seems to have vanished.

There was a skim of ice along the shore of Scugog yesterday morning. clapping.gif

Thought you built a new hut last year?