Wonder bread carp bait going belly up?

i2cool2fool

This is not good news if you like Wonder Bread, Ding Dongs and Twinkies.

"Hostess Brands, baker of iconic Twinkies cakes, said Friday it asked a court's permission to shut down the entire company after a strike crippled its operations."

http://m.nbcnews.com/business/hostess-maker-twinkies-ding-dongs-says-closing-business-1C7112898

I am hopeful this thread will be more about impact of these products used by families and fisherman (and gals) and less about unions.

The sooner people stop eating over processed breads (read white), the better. The occasional hot dog or burger bun is alright but not as a regular part of the diet. Don't get me going about the sugar laden junk foods either ;)

Of course this isn't just a Wonder bread issue but an industry wide problem and I do feel for those who could lose their jobs.

Or is it just the start of the zombie days ahead? First a bacon Shortage now a Twinkie shortage.... I heard that the Canadian Plants may continue to operate. Eitherway someone will buy the brands. I used to work for Sweetripe. They owned Allens and Everfresh juices. Allen's apple juice was sold off when sweetripe shut its doors. Twinkie will live on.

Think it will be business as usual in Canada, the Wonderbread name is owned by George Weston/ Loblaws here and the Hostess/Fritolay Brand by Saputo out of Montreal. Not structured anything like the Hostess brand in the states. BTW Hostess does not have twinkies in Canada :mellow:

Edited by dave524