November on Pigeon a bust

captpierre

Washed all sorts of lures Sun-Mon at the cottage. Water temp 45. Thermocline at 15 ft on sonar.

Caught the big zip. Trolled for skis 2-2.5 mph 20-30 ft with deep Jakes/Believers.

Trolled 1-1.5 mph for eyes with deep diving cranks, bottom bouncer and stickbait/worm harness, same depths.

Found a bunch of boats jigging a 50 ft hole with minnows. They were steadily catching eyes but all were 10-12 inches.

Tried trolling deep in that area. Nada. Thinking there have to be minnows in the area.

No panfish at the dock.

Boat tucked away for the winter.

peter

We were out on Saturday.. Beautiful day.. Caught about 30 or so walleyes.. Only 4 were in the slot.. most under but managed 2 over the slot.. Latched on to a ski.. fought hard for about 15 mins, never did see it, but a thrill just getting the hit..

This has to be the best year for walleyes and ski's..

Tiz

We were out on Saturday.. Beautiful day.. Caught about 30 or so walleyes.. Only 4 were in the slot.. most under but managed 2 over the slot.. Latched on to a ski.. fought hard for about 15 mins, never did see it, but a thrill just getting the hit..

Tiz

Really? Why are people so cocky here? Do you fish for a living? The dude had a bad few days. No need to rub it in there mr izumi. Maybe he doesnt fish pigeon's ridiculously tiny walleyes religiously, so had trouble finding them. Good job though, it takes a certain quality and skill set to twitch a jig covered in live bait.

Wow, that set me off. Time for coffee.

Really? Why are people so cocky here? Do you fish for a living? The dude had a bad few days. No need to rub it in there mr izumi. Maybe he doesnt fish pigeon's ridiculously tiny walleyes religiously, so had trouble finding them. Good job though, it takes a certain quality and skill set to twitch a jig covered in live bait.

Wow, that set me off. Time for coffee.

LOL! Maybe less coffee Rich.

Glad to hear somebody catching on my home lake.

Gotta get my act together

peter

Tiz

Sounds like a long time to have a Muskie on and not to see it............

Ok. let's set something clear... My post wasn't put on here to rub anyone's nose in it. We've had a very successful 2 outings in November and 4 miserable outings in October. Yeah, live bait works well for us. We trolled for skis many times, but seem to have more luck catching while jigging for walleye..

As for not seeing the ski, When you fish with 6 lb mono, wasn't about to start hauling on it. John, feel free to share your technique ????

Captpierre.... if I offended you in any way, my sincere appologies...

Rich.... You need more friggin coffee..

John.... Still waiting..

Tiz

Jigging for Walleye....

055.jpg

Ok. let's set something clear... My post wasn't put on here to rub anyone's nose in it. We've had a very successful 2 outings in November and 4 miserable outings in October. Yeah, live bait works well for us. We trolled for skis many times, but seem to have more luck catching while jigging for walleye..

As for not seeing the ski, When you fish with 6 lb mono, wasn't about to start hauling on it. John, feel free to share your technique ????

John.... Still waiting..

Tiz

Jigging for Walleye....

No offense taken Tiz.

I've never fished Pigeon in November. Did well in the summer.

This was the second year on the lake.

Lots to learn. Glad the fish are there in numbers.

The slots seem to be working

John.... Still waiting..

Tiz

Jigging for Walleye....

Sorry to keep you waiting Tiz.......patience is a virtue.. ;) Lots of Muskies and Northerns caught on walleye tackle. Lot's landed too, just sayin'. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Sorry if I offended you... :D

Washed all sorts of lures Sun-Mon at the cottage. Water temp 45. Thermocline at 15 ft on sonar.

Caught the big zip. Trolled for skis 2-2.5 mph 20-30 ft with deep Jakes/Believers.

Trolled 1-1.5 mph for eyes with deep diving cranks, bottom bouncer and stickbait/worm harness, same depths.

Found a bunch of boats jigging a 50 ft hole with minnows. They were steadily catching eyes but all were 10-12 inches.

Tried trolling deep in that area. Nada. Thinking there have to be minnows in the area.

No panfish at the dock.

Boat tucked away for the winter.

peter

Hey Captpierre

I have lived on the lake for years and usually fish elsewhere in October and November. Ever since the zebra mussels moved in, it has been tougher for me in the fall.

it sure can be tough in the fall, once you find them it can be non-stop but overall pretty tough for eyes in the kawartha's

as for the ski's my best fall days of 4 to 6 fish were trolling walleye speeds on edges 1. 1.5mph never caught a ski doing the fast troll in colder water in my lake yet

John.... Still waiting..

Tiz

Jigging for Walleye....

Sorry dude... My bad. I need to NOT browse ofc while im on the can in the morn. Lmao