I Was Almost A Casualty Of Last Nights Storm

solopaddler

I thought I'd share this with you guys, it's pretty bizarre.

I was on my way home from work this morning at 6am, winds were gusting like crazy and trees were downed everywhere.

I was about 2km's from home driving on a heavily wooded sideroad, all the while being buffeted by the heavy winds.

As I was driving underneath a dense canopy from a huge overhanging oak tree a huge gust hit and a squirrel landed right on my windshield.

I almost ended up in the ditch. It was easily one of the more startling things that's happened to me in a while LOL!

Terrifying :D

I just ran into a coyote on my street while walking Ralphie. Was trotting down the sidewalk. I was paying absolutely no attention whatsoever, and was looking at houses and checking out their cool halloween decorations. Ralphie tugged at the leash to go see the "dog" and as I looked, realized it was a coyote. I yanked Ralphie's leash and pulled him to me. The coyote was about 5 feet away, 70 lbs and very tall. Looked at Ralphie, then at me, then at Ralphie again, then trotted off.

First time on my street. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out from now on.

Delicious with a little breading and melted butter. :whistling:

Beat me to it.

Terrifying :D

I just ran into a coyote on my street while walking Ralphie. Was trotting down the sidewalk. I was paying absolutely no attention whatsoever, and was looking at houses and checking out their cool halloween decorations. Ralphie tugged at the leash to go see the "dog" and as I looked, realized it was a coyote. I yanked Ralphie's leash and pulled him to me. The coyote was about 5 feet away, 70 lbs and very tall. Looked at Ralphie, then at me, then at Ralphie again, then trotted off.

First time on my street. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out from now on.

At least it wasn't blown out of a tree by a huge wind gust right onto Ralphie. That would have been much worse.

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Sorry Mike, but after reading your fishing stories and excellent adventures, i was not ready for the Squirel.I almost swallowed my tongue i laffed so hard.

It was like a scene out of a John Candy movie.

Meanwhile, back at the nest..."Honey, you've got to hear this! So I was climbing through the big Oak tree down the street, minding my business, when all of a sudden I feel like Dorothy and am flying through the air! Wee this is cool, I always wondered what it was like to be a bird, when all of a sudden WHAMO! My nutsack is flat against some guys windshield and he's getting an eyeful of my junk against the glass. Well I'll tell you, this guy looked so impressed he had a hard time keeping his car on the road. Almost sent me flying into the ditch! Needless to say I think he's got a new appreciation for our kind. Should of seen his expression when I flipped him the bird and dove for cover! Anyhow, that's why I'm late dear. How was shopping at the old Maple tree?"

:P

I vaguely remember a funny story you told where there was some sort of crazed chipmunk or something.

Was going to mention that, but I didn't think anyone would remember or get the connection.

Here it is :D :

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8695&st=0&p=88741&hl=squirrel&fromsearch=1entry88547

Meanwhile, back at the nest..."Honey, you've got to hear this! So I was climbing through the big Oak tree down the street, minding my business, when all of a sudden I feel like Dorothy and am flying through the air! Wee this is cool, I always wondered what it was like to be a bird, when all of a sudden WHAMO! My nutsack is flat against some guys windshield and he's getting an eyeful of my junk against the glass. Well I'll tell you, this guy looked so impressed he had a hard time keeping his car on the road. Almost sent me flying into the ditch! Needless to say I think he's got a new appreciation for our kind. Should of seen his expression when I flipped him the bird and dove for cover! Anyhow, that's why I'm late dear. How was shopping at the old Maple tree?"

:P

HAHA! :thumbsup_anim:

Don't get anywhere near Mike's truck, it's a axe-wielding murderer.

Last time I went fishing with him I think we annihilated an entire family of raccoons.

Damn straight.

tongue.gif

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifw00t.gif

You guys are killin me over here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!