Sturgeon vs truck

trevy727

This thread is kinda like an episode of Seinfeld...much to do about nothing....but yet i read the whole thing and very seldom ever watched Jerry's show ...i was always more of a get out and get some air kinda guy..so TV really wasnt on the priority list of things to do ...but maybe i would have been better off if i did watch TV back then..who knows ...might have saved a few relationships if i was home more...worst case scenario would have been an early grave or locked up in a loonie bin...oh well...life goes on ....try to enjoy it...

I agree about this forum bringing together an amazing group of people and I do only post to threads that I feel like posting to. I enjoy reading most posts every few days or so.

I just think its a shame that on a 'fishing forum' a guy like Moosebunk puts a report together that could have taken a couple hours, and another guy catches a sturgeon! And myself post pictures of some Brook trout that many people will never see in their lives and only receive 15 replies?

Then one of the posse posts about having fish for dinner and he gets 150 replies.

It's not a big deal, just seems clique.

I for one don't put the effort into posts simply because it seems like no one really cares unless you've been around here for ever.

I'm definitely not implying anything negative towards everyone on this forum. I have met a few people and purchased some things from people who are top shelf guys.

I just think, if you have time to post 4-6 posts/ day, you should probably say 'hey, nice catch' to those special reports that have something out of the ordinary.

Oh Trevy' my dear man,

It is very hard to post anything that would come even close to as beautiful or articulate as one of Moosebunks posts. I still always say, well done, and read each and everyone of his stories with the utmost respect. In regards to many fishing outings, I am often left without words because I am in awe of the great fisher men and women that come to this site to share. However in saying that , on occation, I am inspired to say more. The words find me and I can type more than "well done" or "great pictures" or 'thanks for sharing"... This place doesn't judge me for the length of my posts or the content of them, this place only accepts me for who I am.

Once you realize that everyone here is equal and feel, truly feel, you FIT, you will , or shall I say won't think there is any difference between you or another guy... by the way ...What do you drive, where do you fish and when? ;)

Been great today having this to look forward to come back to...

Thanks for the smiles!

Edited by Jen

sub forums would be nice.

general NF discussion

gereral fishing discussion

fishing reports

etc.

those who want to read certain post can chose to do, and not have to sift throught the others first.

i however enjoy all types of posts. (except the what are you listening to post) lol

We have found that if we leave the choice of what to read to the members under one header they miss fewer posts that they want to read.

Art

I am gonna apologize that I didn't read 2 pages of this...

But I'll explain why I, personally Read OFC.

I'll admit that I barely read any newspapers, and am not super updated with current events.

I find that you will learn a lot of insights into life and street smarts just from reading here(Some Fishing and some NF, of course).... Well if you keep up and read most of the posts.

Edited by EC1

Will tell this...

After a good few years here, there and just about everwhere online... EACH person's involvement, contributions, participation and reasons for being at, or belonging to, are a very "personal" thing. The people are oftentimes as different as night and day, things don't always make sense, the flow cannot be controlled or even bent by will (unless by the hands of Mods) and, "most times" you've just gotta be the one to remember to try and keep it light and be polite.

Pretty simple but not... lol.

I'm here too because I love to fish. Seems there are others here in that same boat!