Eastern Trib Steel

Well, CANADIAN COPPER and I had planned to fish on Tuesday, but we decided on Monday night. I thought he was crazy because he was out from Sunday 7pm until 2pm yesterday!! Anyhow, CC, bly and I headed to a spot for some night fishing, but the only fish caught was a carp by CC!!! It was a little maddening, because you could hear and see the big steelies breaking the surface all night long!!! Well, after a while, we took CC home...poor guy was a little tired...WIMP!! LOL.

Bly and I headed to another trib and decided to drift there for a few hours. On my fifth drift, I hooked into this beauty female! Breaking my old PB of 26 3/4" was this 28" drop back hen. It put up quite the fight, but this was the only fish I had on all night and I didn't want to lose it!! She was caught on roe...water was gin clear and low.

gallery_60_23_14014.jpg

If you look closely, you can see one single egg dropping from her...pretty cool. Well, we got in late, but at least one of us caught a fish!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Awesome...and to think you stopped fishing for all those years!!

Glad to see your successes, I think we've all been following your outings since the monster Walleyes last fall.

Keep up the great effort and reports!

Tony

Awesome...and to think you stopped fishing for all those years!!

Glad to see your successes, I think we've all been following your outings since the monster Walleyes last fall.

Keep up the great effort and reports!

Tony

Thanks Tony! Bly and I have had a LOT of fun re-discovering fishing again. This board has been fantastic to us in following us along our successes and "learning experiences"...LOL. We've had lots of support from the great members of this board...it's nice to contribute to it when we can.

NICELY DONE!!! THE HEN MUST OF THOUGHT YOU WERE CUTE AND WAS TRYIN TO SPAWN WITH YA MAYBE CLIFF???LOL

WAS A VERY TUFF NIGHT INDEED!!!ROE BITE SEEMS TO BE OFF SO ITS DAYLIGHT JIGGY TIME I GUESS!!!

BIG NUMBERS NEXT OUTING FOR US BRO!!!MY OTHER SPOT :D

You're on for next week...gotta figure out which day I'm going to be sick...cough cough.... :lol:

Congrats on the new PB!

It's been a lot of fun reading your reports over the past few months and seeing your progress on the trib fishing. Don't be surprised if some OFNCers ask you to take them under your wing on some outings...

Mike