Fav Northern Ont lures . . .

siwash

Hey folks:

Heading up on Thursday to the Gowganda area (Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge). Seems like it's going to rain a fair bit.. Temps have cooled too... Fall is here!

What would be your go-to baits/lures given these temps/conditions up there? We will target SM bass, walleye and pike. I am thinking tube jigs, regular jigs, and Rapalas (diving or surface) in various colours.. Probably try some spinners too...

Thoughts? Any particular success in those lakes with a favourite lure?

Thanks!

Edited by swordfish

It's too bad you're going up so early. A few weeks later and you would not need steel leaders. Pike lose their teeth in late fall.

Ya got that wrong Roy its not Northern Pike that lose their teeth in the fall , Its northern women from Kapuskasing , lots of people make the same mistake but take it from someone who knows ,not Pike its the Kapuskasing babes .If you see a Kapuskasing women with more than 4 teeth in the fall ,shes not a real northerer shes an infiltrator from the south ..

Edited by capt bruce

Ya got that wrong Roy its not Northern Pike that lose their teeth in the fall , Its northern women from Kapuskasing , lots of people make the same mistake but take it from someone who knows ,not Pike its the Kapuskasing babes .If you see a Kapuskasing women with more than 4 teeth in the fall ,shes not a real northerer shes an infiltrator from the south ..

:rofl2:

Just tie on a williams with a snelled cigarette butt.

Thanks for all the tips, guys... the only lure I rarely use on the list is spinnerbait.. Never caught much on them.. maybe needs more of a chance! I did once catch a walleye, of all things, on a spinner on Pigeon Lake. I think the smallies like the smaller spinners, no?

Thanks again..

Hope to post good results!!

Thanks for all the tips, guys... the only lure I rarely use on the list is spinnerbait.. Never caught much on them.. maybe needs more of a chance! I did once catch a walleye, of all things, on a spinner on Pigeon Lake. I think the smallies like the smaller spinners, no?

Thanks again..

Hope to post good results!!

Spinner baits for sure need some more time.....Great pike/bass bait all the time!

white/chartruese

There's a reason they still sell Williams Wobblers after like 70 years ;)

I personally like the gold/silver dimpled wobbler (4 - 6") depending on species ... caught lakers, bass, pike, musky (never pickeral though) ... definitely a go-to lure for trolling (either on downrigger or with a couple ounces of weight a few feet aead of the lure)