Mike, aka Solopaddler, I see you're back, you posted today

chris.brock

You ran and left Billy to the bear? Being your friend isn't all sunshine and great fishing trips it appears

We were fishing on shore. I was 30' upstream from Bill and he was maybe 20' upstream from the canoe where our gun was.

The bear was maybe 20' upstream from me.

You do the math. :lol:

You ran from a Polar Bear?

The only running was back to the canoe to grab the Remington 1187 Super Mag and fire 3 slugs over it's head to persuade it to go into the woods, instead of down the bank towards us.

In hind sight, I probably should have grabbed the camera instead of the gun after talking to the local natives about our encounter. Lots of polar bear spottings at that specific spot, I'm sure we weren't the first humans it's seen.

:)

As far as fish, here's a teaser.

7918692684_6d65cb0a0f_b.jpg

Edited by BillM

Git the lead out yer aznasses boyz. I personally can't wait. It's going to be amazing to see the Sutton through the eyes of two lads I know will do it supreme justice here online for all.

Great pic Bill. More like that to come I'm hoping.

Good to hear ya survived getting your skin peeled off and inards digested by that big ole white fluff monster. lol.

When I fished up there about fifteen years ago we did a day trip flight to Pine lake and we fished a 500m section of river between the lake and a large pond. When I rounded the last bend before the pond, I had to stop and convince myself of what I was seeing. Huge Brookies launching themselves out of the water eating flying bugs. I didn't have my flyrod but I had my flybox and tied on the largest bug I had. I cast it as far as I could and let it drift down the rapid into the pond. Brookies were launching themselves stupid trying to grab the fly. Eventually one would mouth it. Caught over 20 fish and 2 x 6 pounders and you heard them splash like a concrete block would. Awesome fun. Maybe next year again. Mike, did you not get any of the big sea-run fish? They're usually bigger than the resident 3 pounders.

Edited by Kingsalmon

Stunning fish, and stunning pic. Those fish are obviously not leader shy!

They aren't shy about anything, lol. I can't count the number of fish I caught at my feet with the mouse dangling in the water while I was doing something else and not paying attention..

I also caught at least a dozen fish on false casts.. The mouse would barely touch the water and they'd explode on it.. A fly fishermans dream for sure.

Edited by BillM

They aren't shy about anything, lol. I can't count the number of fish I caught at my feet with the mouse dangling in the water while I was doing something else and not paying attention..

I also caught at least a dozen fish on false casts.. The mouse would barely touch the water and they'd explode on it.. A fly fishermans dream for sure.

Always go up on shore to heed the "call of nature" in those spots.:o