NHL Hockey

glen

Will there be hockey this year  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be hockey this year

• Yes hockey will start at normal opener
    • Yes hockey will start part way though the season
    • No hockey this year

It seems that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" as far as hockey fans are concerned. Attendance increased after the last two lockouts so there is little reason to not have a lockout by the looks of it.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/blog/business_briefings/97168--gary-bettman-is-right-about-nhl-fans

It seems that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" as far as hockey fans are concerned. Attendance increased after the last two lockouts so there is little reason to not have a lockout by the looks of it.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/blog/business_briefings/97168--gary-bettman-is-right-about-nhl-fans

We (the fans) are our own worst enemies. We've always come back and the owners have, and are, basing their lockout on this fact.

Don't hockey players earn a salary per year?, many times over our salaries per year. I just don't get what more should they receive?. Short work span I get it. but if you gave me 2 plus million a year for say 10 years,that's still more than most of us would make in over 5- 10 life spans unless my math is off.Love the game,but no need to be locked out IMO.:(

The owners are locking out the players.

The owners (none of whom have a significant amount of their vast wealth tied up in their nhl teams) are trying to take more of the revenue from the players.

The owners continue to sign the big contracts, while claiming they can't afford to. They are either liars or the worst businessmen in the world. (I pick liars.)

The owners want a socialized system of paying the players, while not sharing the revenue amongst themselves. Hypocrites.

The owners have never once had someone pay a $120 to watch them work. Who would watch an old saggy azzed white guy sit on his butt and find more ways to not pay his taxes?

The owners said they needed cost certainly and that ticket prices would go down if there was a cap. They got it and it didn't.

Every beer league bozzo says that they would play for free. blah blah blah Easy to say when you own family won't watch you play for free.

Imagine how it would go over if your company was making money hand over fist and they came to you and said "We're going to take 24% of your salary." And we are going to reduce your opportunity to make money in the future even though you are the sole reason we make any money.

We can shake our head all we want and say they make too much money but they only get paid what the market will bear, well almost, since the owners have a cap.

No one has ever been forced to pay for a hockey ticket.

The owners are locking out the players.

The owners (none of whom have a significant amount of their vast wealth tied up in their nhl teams) are trying to take more of the revenue from the players.

The owners continue to sign the big contracts, while claiming they can't afford to. They are either liars or the worst businessmen in the world. (I pick liars.)

The owners want a socialized system of paying the players, while not sharing the revenue amongst themselves. Hypocrites.

The owners have never once had someone pay a $120 to watch them work. Who would watch an old saggy azzed white guy sit on his butt and find more ways to not pay his taxes?

The owners said they needed cost certainly and that ticket prices would go down if there was a cap. They got it and it didn't.

Every beer league bozzo says that they would play for free. blah blah blah Easy to say when you own family won't watch you play for free.

Imagine how it would go over if your company was making money hand over fist and they came to you and said "We're going to take 24% of your salary." And we are going to reduce your opportunity to make money in the future even though you are the sole reason we make any money.

We can shake our head all we want and say they make too much money but they only get paid what the market will bear, well almost, since the owners have a cap.

No one has ever been forced to pay for a hockey ticket.

Very good clarification. Did not know they wanted to deduct salaries, after all the bosses did sign the contracts!,right?.And still continue to do so I believe.

It was the last lockout/strike that made me lose interest in hockey. If not for the Phaneuf hang out thing that I won a while back, I'd still have little interest. Bottom line here is that lots of OFNérs don't like hockey, and lots of OFNérs couldn't care less about what what song you're listening to right now. Variety is the spice of life, so they say.

Get out of the house, drive to your local arena and watch the kids play hockey.

Much better entertainment value than watching overpaid NHL players anyway.

+1

+2

This past year I went with my son to his first Marlies game and it was a blast.

Edited by jchau53