A fish of Life Time

anders

I recently went on a fishing trip that i have dreamed of for years and the fishing was great but the trophy was nothing what i expected. I was thinking of fish in the 20lbs class but not this.

this fish took about 30-35 min to bring in, a fight that was pretty much a stand still for a good 25 min of it, on 14 lb test line, fishing off a rigger 71 ft down. truly a trophy and a relic.

My father in law took this pic of me half way through the tug of war

100_2308.jpg

Here it is 44 long x 29 wide

100_2309.jpg

Another

100_2310.jpg

And the result of the hook during the battle. This spoon is officially retired

DSC03378.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

Edited by anders

WOW!!!!! I absolutely love this post....well done sir!!!! thumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

Online lake trout calculator puts that beast at 46 pounds!!!! http://www.laketrout.org/lake-trout-weight-calculator.htm

Definitely clip that spoon to the boat in a special spot...love the hook damage.

Congrats on a gorgeous fish....can't get over how massive that gut is.

thanks guys.

I got that out on Lake Superior this past weekend. i have been reliving it every day since. i already have an 8x10 done and am working on my wife for a replica. whatever i get that spoon is going with either the picture or the replica. on the water i said it was damn near 50 but after a few beer and disussions around dinner in the 40's for sure, father in law said 45